Want to take a tour my hub's "Man Cave," our basement? Everyday, for the next several days, I am going to take you into our recently finished basement.
It's my hub's dream come true. I must say that I certainly enjoy having it finished as well. The majority of the basement my husband and I did ourselves. Yes, we did!! I don't know what I'm doing, but I take direction well : ) We did the framing, insulating, ceramic tile, cupboards, counters, paint, put in a vent-free fireplace, projection TV, bathroom, and whatever else there was to do, we did it.
Each day I'll show you another room of the basement or another "nook."
Come along with me today as we enter our basement stairwell. It'll give you a peek as to what you will see in the days to come. The picture at the top of the post is the French Door we put in leading to our basement. I think if a basement is finished, it's part of the "living space" of a home so it should be made to look like that. . . I think the French Door accomplishes this perfectly from our main level of the house. I had an electrical plug put in here so I could have a little lamp lit on a timer . I love the soft glow in the evening through the glass door.
Come along with me today as we enter our basement stairwell. It'll give you a peek as to what you will see in the days to come. The picture at the top of the post is the French Door we put in leading to our basement. I think if a basement is finished, it's part of the "living space" of a home so it should be made to look like that. . . I think the French Door accomplishes this perfectly from our main level of the house. I had an electrical plug put in here so I could have a little lamp lit on a timer . I love the soft glow in the evening through the glass door.
You're here! This is the entrance to our basement. I'll post different pictures each day for you to have a tour. If you have any questions about how we did something, just ask me. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have (if I know the answer).



6 comments:
WOw,What a Beautiful job ,ya'll did!I look forward to seeing more. :o)
Hope you have a great week.
Blessins',Lib
Wow!! Your basement looks nicer then my whole house! lol! Can't wait to see more! It looks beautiful from what you posted. I wish we had a basement that could be fixed up and used. Our house is very old and the basement is more like a cellar, it's very cold and very low ceilings. It was probably a dirt basement years ago.
Pattie :)
Your basement is lovely! It's a wonderful sense of accomplishment to do the job oneself, isn't it?
Your basement landing is beautiful. It's always difficult to make a basement feel like a part of the living area. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of it. What a professional job you both did!
I love that mirror!
Looks great Sher! I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Pat
Wow you had me worried with a tour of a "Man Cave"! I had visions of something dreadfully ugly, but what a pleasant surprise! It is lovely! Or should I say handsome?
Post a Comment