Saturday, November 3, 2007

Project FINISHED!!!!



It's Finished. . . Yeeaaaahhhh!!! The counter stools and the snack counter are finally finished in the Junior High Youth Room. We hope the Junior Highers like the more contemporary change to these items. If not, I hope at least they don't tell us : )

My great friend Kathy met me at church this morning and we finished the "project!" We think it looks fantastic. We sanded, vacuumed up the dust, dusted with the tack cloth, applied Poly-acrylic to the snack bar, applied Poly-acrylic to the foot-rest on the stools. . . . and . . . sprayed on fabric protector to the fabric on the stools. Whew. Then we ran out to a quick lunch, did some shopping, returned 3 1/2 hours later and . . . did. . . the aforementioned. . . all. . . . over. . . AGAIN!!

I must say though, that my absolutely most favorite part of today. . . was when my friend, Kathy, had to turn on the church alarm system when we were ready to leave. Of course, the alarm keypad was all the way at the front of the church. . . and our cars were parked all the way in the back of the church. So Kathy had to turn on the alarm. . . . and run from the front of the church to the back of the church in 45 seconds (or we'd set off the alarm)!! My job was to hold open the inside door at the back of the church. . . so I got to see the whole race. Man, I wish I had my camera ready. Oh. . . .my. . . gosh!! I did remember to yell to her before "take-off" "Don't fall!" After all, we really didn't have time for such delays!!
The cost of the project: A little paint, a little time.
Watching Kathy doing the 45 second dash, Priceless!!

Blessings. . . until next time,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stools and counter look simply amazing! Great work.

Bristol said...

Finished project is great, love the look!
Bristol

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great job! Looks better than new..I hope that the kids appreciate it. Susan

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! How can the kids not like it?

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Everyone loves it!

Kaylin

Anonymous said...

Wow, that came out so great!

Manuela