Rose from Rose Cottage Lane has tagged me for this fun "HOOPLA." I have to share 12 random things about myself that are Christmas related.
Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'HOOPLA' and not the dreaded 'm'-word (I'm not sure what this means ladies, I'm guessing the ME word, I sure hope it's not the MERRY word!)
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
12 Random Christmas Things About Sher:
1. Christmas time is my favorite time; love the lights, sounds, baking, smells - all the HOOPLA!
2. I dislike, VERY much that we Christians are being attacked for using the word "Christmas," and that a big HOOPLA is being made about it!
3. I wish more focused on "Jesus" the gift (salvation through Him), at Christmas, and not all the HOOPLA!
4. Decorating my home for the season is my passion! My "bliss!" *sigh*
5. Inviting people over for entertaining, it's my "gifting." I make a big HOOPLA about it :)
6. A few more calendar days between Thanksgiving and Christmas time would be nice.
7. Shopping does not thrill me. But for Christmas presents, of course, I DO SHOP.
8. I'm not sad at all that my girls are older and we don't have to do that little fat man in the red suit anymore. Fun while it lasted, but I'm so done with it.
9. The presents get wrapped as soon as purchased and put them under the tree (because no little fat man in the red suit to play up anymore - good-bye to that HOOPLA!)
10. Spending time with our family at Christmas is soooo wonderful. Can't get enough. Our girls are getting older and gone so much, I do treasure these times.
11. I don't really have a favorite childhood Christmas memory. They were all good. My parents did the best they could with what they had and always made things special.
12. I love it when my husband surprises me with something that I have secretly been wanting, but never asked for. Something that he has picked up from my comments made during the year, and he has actually remembered (and was listening to me)!
So, now I'm tagging Bristol, Jill, Pat, Brenda, Susan, Pattie, Lib, Linda, Adrienne,
Have fun!
Blessings. . . until next time,



5 comments:
Sher - Thank you for the 'tag'. I'm working on my answers now. It's so much fun to have blog friends. You've added to my Christmas season - I agree with so much of what you wrote. Now to be original with mine! ~Adrienne~
Hi Sher,
Thank You for the tag, I couldn't get it cut ,copy ,and pasted. All 3 of us tried. Sorry.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Blessins', Lib
I have accepted the challenge and just published my post! It was fun...had to think a bit, but came up with some wonderful memories, to share!
Thanks!
Pat
Okay, Sher, I did my Holiday Hoopla part. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Susan
I love your Hoopla list! It's such a fun way to get to know more about you. :)
xo, Andrea
Post a Comment