For those of you who are older, you'll remember this. Those of you who are not. . . Just skip this post :)
A while ago while browsing through the antique stores near our cottage, I came across the above little "gem." Remember the joke, (before caller ID), when someone would call you and ask, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" If you responded "Yes," they would say, "Well, let him out!" Listen people, I'm not actually old enough to remember cigarettes in a can, but I remember my parents (and grandparents) telling me about this. Kind of along the lines of "Is your Westinghouse (refrigerator) running?" "Well go catch it!" Oh, never mind.
I thought this cute little antique conversation piece would be just a perfect addition to our basement game room area. And it is. It was only $5. Even if no one gets the joke (like our kids looked at me like I was crazy - but hey, they always thought popcorn was made in the microwave, that we always had microwaves and that remotes always changed the TV channel). . . well at least my Dad enjoyed seeing this treasure. He "got it!" *sigh* I think this aging thing may actually be starting to get to me!!
Blessings. . . until next time friends,



6 comments:
Sher, That was actually a funny post...I am soooo old! I'm afraid that I have tagged you for a 4 things meme. Susan
te hee I do remember those phone pranks!!!!
I have a few prince albert cans....it all started when we were cleaning out grampas garage and I found a tin filled with nuts and bolts...I loved the can so I saved it, then it seemed they kept popping up at garage sales and such and they each called out to me so I had to bring them home!
Now i have a collection!
Thanks for the smiles,
Stay warm,
Hugz, Dolly
My grandfather rolled many of those cans. Wish I still had one. Memories.
Yes, Grandad smoked a pipe. His tobacco of choice was Prince Albert in a can. And I do remember those phone pranks.
There were still a few crank type phones around, when I was growing up. Now there is a blog post idea..how phones have changed, just in my lifetime! Wow!
Pat
I remember making a few of those crank calls myself. Late night slumber parties.
I remember making a few calls too and we always felt so criminal getting away with them!!
Janet
Post a Comment