Saturday, January 12, 2008

OK, Party's OVER!!

Yes, I sure had fun while it lasted!! All that Holiday Hoopla, eating foods I don't normally have available, holiday baking, cooking and candy making! Oh, those were the days my friend. . . but the Party's OVER!! I committed to doing something about this growing body of mine long before the holidays. I gave myself permission to enjoy whatever I wanted during the holidays. . .for the end was near for me!!


This was the week to get serious again. I'm getting older and need to take off about 30 lbs I figure. Oh, I've taken it off before. . . yes, the same 30 lbs! Wouldn't you think that I would "get smart" and keep it off? Oh, well, never stop trying is my motto. What is done, is done, but I can control from here on out what I "do." So, on Monday a buddy and I were back at Weight Watchers. We've knick-named ourselves, "The Chub Club!!" It amazes me how this happened. Did this weight just sneek up? A few pounds here, a few pounds there?


Weight Watcher's . . . it's such common sense actually. Eat less, weigh less. Make healthy choices. Natural foods, fruits, vegetables, etc. I never used to be in my younger days, but I am certainly a stress eater now. I think it's called "children??" I've said lately that maybe I should have been born a cow because I like to graze all day.


Anyways, this is the year for "ME!" Take care of myself. The year for "Sher." I've been very good this week and feel wonderful. I've been exercising and eating properly. Mostly being aware of what I stuff in my mouth without giving it a second thought is so important for me.


The above picture is actually a Weight Watcher friendly cookie. I made them this afternoon for my family and they are great with a cup of coffee. Here's the recipe if you are interested. 2 WW points for those of you who are counting.


Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies = 2 pts. each



1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins*


Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Combine first five ingredients. At medium speed beat sugars, egg whites, oil and vanilla until blended and thick. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in raisins. Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets 2" apart. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool 2 minutes. Transfer in racks; cool.

*I soak my raisins in warm water before adding. They are softer and more plump this way.

Makes 24 cookies. Per cookie: 85 cals.; 1 g. protein; 1 g. fat (0 g. saturated); 0 mg. chol.; 17 g. carbs.; 57 mg. sodium; 1 g. fiber; 10 g. sugar


Blessings. . . until next time,

8 comments:

the said...

Im all about WW recipes !! Thanks, Im going to make those this weekend !!

Anonymous said...

Love the post.. I have to get started too. I know I will never be skinny again,but healthy is the word. I am thinking of joining WW. Have done it at home and lost,but gained back. I was also thinking of a weight loss blog to help me and others. Goodluck.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Good for you, Sher! I really think exercise is the key too..at least it is for me. I wish you the best on your WW routine. I've heard that one is the best.

And maybe I should try those cookies for my DH (and not tell him about the Splenda, he would make a face). I'm keeping all sweets out of the house for now.

Rhoda

April Russell said...

Thank you so much! I love her too! And your oatmeal cookies look delicious right now!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sher, good on you! The cookies sound yum, thanks for the recipe, that's one for the folder. And we are making a good start too, just cleaned out all the sweets in the pantry for one thing! Jenn and Jacqui

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Sher, I am also all too familiar with WW. Every now and then, I resort back to the writing down everything that I have eaten for a few days. It usually shocks me enough to be more committed. Good luck with it. Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sweetie. i did go today and pick up some things I think i will like. I just found out Little Debbie has started 100 cal snacks.I bought the brownie. Even thought it is small I think I can warm it alittle and add a scoop of sugarfree icecream and be happy.
My friend is also joined and will send some new recipes. If you want I will share some with you too.
Thanks again, Brenda

linda t said...

I am sooo needing to be back on WW... and am always looking for recipes.
So thanks Sher... cuz I love oatmeal raisin cookies!