. . . Tripping down Memory Lane:
Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head; Eyes Of A New York Woman; Hooked On A Feeling; Rock and Roll Lullaby; and I Just Can't Help Believing . . .
One of my "goals" for 2008 (I don't call them resolutions - just sets one up for failure. A goal is something to work at and achieve, a resolution is something that one resolves to do, or never do again - I like the word "goals" better. More flexibility!) is to spend more time with my hubby, go on more dates and not just "go out to eat." Not going out to eat will also help me achieve, hopefully, another one of my "goals!" That is to drop a few pounds. Eating and cooking at home is much healthier and I can control how our food is prepared and the portion size.
Anyways, back to the topic of this post. We went to see B. J. Thomas a few Saturdays ago and thoroughly enjoyed the concert. Talk about a flash from the past. It took me right back to the early 70's - and I enjoyed the trip. What a smooth voice B. J. has. . . and not to mention his testimony. Being caught up in the fam took B. J. down a road of alcohol and drugs like so many musicians. He is recovered from these addictions and giving all the Praise to the Lord. His blessed wife, of almost 40 years, stayed right by his side and prayed him through. What a blessing for him to have a praying wife.
My hubby and I enjoyed the concert (along with all the other middle agers) and being together so much that we are going to be planning more "couple time" outings very soon - minus the eating out part.
Now, I think I'll check AMAZON for some B. J. music. I could use a CD or two - I enjoyed the stroll down memory lane and wouldn't mind visiting again!
Blessings. . . until next time,



4 comments:
Hi Sher, thanks for coming by! I need to proof read better!! If you place the chicken breast side down, I believe it will be more moist. You can do it either way. I deleted that part of the post, to avoid confusion! The chicken is breast up.
Pat
It has been years since I heard his music. Even as a teen I loved his soft voice. Im a sucker for those males that have that about them. So glad to hear the good news about the over coming of the addiction and thank God for a woman that stood by her man.
Wow, I love B.J. Thomas! That's a wonderful goal by the way. Having spent the past 6 years working together 8+ hours a day and then coming home, I think my husband and I are re-learning what couple time is. LOL
My kids (when they were little) loved to sing, and I taught them a lot of showtunes and Burt Bacharach songs. "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head" was one of their favorites!
::Jill
Post a Comment