Rescue me someone, PLEASE!! OK, I've had enough of this Michigan winter stuff. It's freezing here today. Sooooo cold that school has been cancelled!! Why? Because of the liability of the children walking to school, waiting at the bus stops and the buses probably having trouble starting. The wind chill is bitter.
*For some reason spell check on Blogger is still not working. It's a problem that Blogger is aware of and working on. . . so, please overlook and typos you may read :) Thanks!
I just came back from my Weight Watcher's meeting and thought I was going to "die" going out in this cold. I didn't. I've been working my butt off for 5 weeks and so far only lost 7.7 lbs. Better than going the other way, but it's a slow drop. I'm on medications which also slow down my system. . . so I guess 'll take what I can get.
Weight Watchers is great and said I'm going at the pace they prefer, slow and steady. I enjoy the meetings and networking with other ladies. I have struck up a friendship with another meeting attendee who has the same 30 lbs to lose. . . like me. . . again. She's had a lot of stress in her life for the last few years. . . like me! Her 20 year old son was in a car accident in 2005 (fell asleep at the wheel and plowed head on into a semi-truck) and is now paralyzed from the neck down. This is a heavy, heavy load. . . daily and constant care he needs. Sometimes I think the Lord allows us to connect with others so we don't feel like our load is so heavy afterall and to be thankful for the life we have. God Bless her. She is my exact same age and has been married the same number of years as I have. She told me all of their future plans (retirement) have been cancelled now, knowing they will have to care for their son for the rest of their lives. It only takes a second to have a life altered (and those affected by it), doesn't it?
Wow, I think I'm going to go and hug my children now.
Blessings. . . until next time,



8 comments:
Hey, Sher! Glad to see a pic of you, you're adorable.
Congrats on the weight loss...keep going, you'll get there.
And I always loved BJ Thomas, saw him a couple of times long ago. He has a great testimony.
xo,
Rhoda
I liked your blog before this entry, but now I guess I know why I had ended up here a few weeks ago and liked it. We're more alike than I knew. I too have 30 lbs to lose, due to extremely stressful situations that came about suddenly last year. I won't blame it ALL on that, but from 100 to 130 lbs in 2007. Not good. I also follow the WW way of eating as I find it most healthy and less like dieting.
And... it's so bitter cold here too! Oh my gosh, I've simply decided I just cannot leave the house until the temp rises to bearable. I'm not sure what degree that is exactly, but it's not even close to what it is right now!
Good luck in your weight loss, and I'll be back again soon.
Lisa
I followed a few leads and ended up at your site. Pass the yogurt!
Anyhow, the weather in Virginia is erratic. 60s and 70s over the weekend and 7 degrees yesterday morning. Yuck!
Congratulations on the weight loss, hey, it's 7.something pounds.Good for you!!
You are right, sometimes the Lord shows us how blessed we are. Praying for your new friend.
xo Lidy
Keep up the good work with WW. You are doing it the right way - slow. But I know how frustrating it is to have it go so slowly. I always want it to go off quickly!
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. Yes, I do look a lot like my mother. Actually, I am a very good 'mix' of both of my parents but some days I look more like my mother and other days I look a lot like my father. We had a wonderful time at the beach. My dear mother enjoyed every single minute of her time away.
~Adrienne~
Hi Sher, I'm thinking about going to a WW meeting this Saturday to see what it's all about now. I did it about 20 years ago and I need something to keep me on track. I gained almost 15 of the 40 lbs back and I see the scale slowly creeping up each week! I'm afraid I'll gain it all back if I don't do something about it now.
7.7 lbs is good! Like you say it's much better than gaining weight. So way to go! Besides it is better to loose slowly (even though we want to see results quickly).
Manuela
Sher, I am impressed with your weight loss. That is no easy feat when you are cooped up in the house. Congratulations. Susan
brrrr! I wish I could send some California sunshine to you! (And hopefully I'd stamp the envelope.) Keep warm - Spring will be here in just a few blinks!
::Jill
Post a Comment