It's been a while since we've been able to go up to our cottage. Actually, I think it's been since Christmas time! We've been wanting to make a visit (just to check things out. . . make sure the furnace is still running, everything is OK, etc.), but there always seemed to be something going on here at home. . . church commitments, confirmation seminars, cheer competitions, etc. So, when we got the chance, up we went. What a beautiful sight to behold. This is Michigan winter at its finest friends.
Here's a picture I took of the frozen Rifle River. We love to kayak down this river in the summer and fall. Absolutely beautiful!
Here's a picture of a cut-in on the lake. If you look closely, or click to enlarge, you will see the men (& women) ice fishing! I'm so glad my hubby doesn't ask me to try that with him. I'm not one for enjoying being out in the cold for hours. . . sitting. . . holding a fishing pole!
This is our mailbox at the front of our cottage. I'd say we had some super heavy duty snow fall this year. It's been a great year for winter sports in Michigan.
The little water well over the well pump. . . to protect it so no one backs over it or knocks it down
Our little storage shed where we store lawn equipment and bikes.
Our back yard looking down the hill.
We drove up on Friday night, stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner and arrived when it was dark. What beauty awaited us on Saturday morning when we opened the blinds. It was. . . the. . . most. . . perfect. . . day. Sun shining and very, very bright. Absolutely stunning.
Blessings. . . until next time,




13 comments:
**Shhhh!**
You are invited to a SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for kari this Wednesday, Feb 20.
She is turning 40!!!
I would love for you to stop by the party on Wednesday to surprise (hopefully!) the birthday girl, enjoy a bite of cake, sprinkle a little of your magic birthday dust, and check out the party favor giveaway!
blessings,
kijsa
Sher, You are living in a winter wonderland! these pictures are beautiful. We still have had no snow. Unbelievable! Susan
Oh wow so beautiful! I just love photos of snow.
How blessed you are to have such a beautiful place to visit! I'm sure each season has it's own special beauty. ::Jill
Hey girly......
you were up this way you should have stopped in for tea!
It has been a great winter for the winter tourists up here!!
We have had sooooooo much snow!
But me....I am ready for spring...ready to see green grass and flowers and have the windows opened and feel the sunshine on my face!
Hugz, Dolly
P.S. what town is your cottage in?
So beautiful Sher! We enjoyed our trip to Michigan year before last! It's just gorgeous!
We haven't been to the lake since the first part of January. We should try to get there soon.
Pat
What a lovely winter scene! Beautiful, but I'm glad you have it and not me! LOL
Wow, look at all that snow. I can't even imagine. It's been so warm here this week. I think I'll take the sunshine & warmth, but it's fun to look at snow in pics!
I've heard others do that little paint chip trick you mentioned. I still like to actually sample a quart of color before I commit. And yes, I do know about Lynette, in fact I just checked out a book of hers at the library & am doing a post about it soon. Stay tuned! She has some great information.
xo,
Rhoda
Brrrr is all I can say (you know I'm a warm weather bird)! Goodness you certainly have received lots of snow - the picture of your mailbox! It is very pretty though :-)
Manuela
WoWWW...some very beautifully captured shots...love the snow!
It's posts like these that made me blog about what I blogged about today!
I want to be snowed in!!!
Thanks for sharing such gorgeous, lovely pics Sher!!
LOL...that table looks like an iced cake...just wanted to stop by and say thank you...thank you...thank you for all of your sweet birthday wishes!
Hope your day is as wonderful as you have made mine.
smiles, kari (& kijsa)
What wonderful pictures, you have the most adorable little shed to keep all the bikes in, I love the colour you have painted it.
I have been to Cracker Barrell and love it!!!!! There is one we stop at on our way home from the airport whenever we visit friends in Florida.
Love Cherry xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment