Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gift. . . to MYSELF


Well, after cleaning, sorting, consolidating, purging, organizing, rearranging and labeling the basement sewing/storage/exercise/workroom. . . I thought I deserved a little reward he-he.


This is my little present to myself. An electronic home embroidery combination sewing machine. Rated as a Consumer Reports BEST BUY. I've been tossing around acquiring a home embroidery machine for a while now. When I saw this one. . . which was reasonably priced, equipped to do everything I would need it to do - - - I thought "it must be meant to be!" Heck, it even came with PE-Basic. This gives me the capability to download images from my computer and enter them into the USB port on my new machine. How cool is that?


I've been having sooooo much fun learning how to use this machine. I'm taking my time learning one step at a time. This machine is amazing. . . it is even self-threading (included the needle). Which is good for this old gal whose vision ain't what it used to be :)


Blessings. . . until next time,

10 comments:

BailiwickStudio said...

oooh, a new machine! How exciting! ::Jill

Anonymous said...

Neat.. can't wait to see what you come up with!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher, that sounds like a fun gadget to play with. I wish I knew how to sew like my mom does.

I just sent you an email about changing your background, so let me know if you have any questions. It's really easy!

xo,
Rhoda

Esther Sunday said...

Hi Sher!
Congrats on your new toy! Looking forward to seeing the projects you do, and maybe some pics of the machine doing it's thing? Also, congrats (lol) on your spring cleaning! Your laundry room is precious. I would kill for a laundry room to decorate! I have a laundry closet in my kitchen that I made over (it's somewhere in my "home sweet home" posts) that will have to do! Love, Esther

PattieJ said...

OOOOH you lucky lucky girl!!!! I've always wanted one of those! They are so expensive though... I need to win the lottery! My list of "things I want" is growing everyday! lol. Have fun! And don't forget to show us what you make with it.

Pattie

Southern Heart said...

Sher, good for you! I think that you deserve such a nice treat, and I can't wait to hear about it. I need a new machine myself; I hope that you just love yours!

PAT said...

Sher, this looks like a wonderful gift. Have fun! I can't wait to see your projects.

Pat

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I would give anything for one of those machines! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I would clean til the cows came home if I thought that would be my prize at the end!!!!! Cora

Anonymous said...

THAT's a wonderful gift to yourself! I've been wanting a machine that does embroidery. So Brother was rated the highest and it's self threading! I have the hardest time threading my machine (or a needle for that matter). Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!

Manuela

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Excellent...I'm looking forward to seeing what you create and how much you like it. I am sure that your projects will be beautiful. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Susan