It seems kind of funny to be writing this post. . . all about Spring/Easter Decor - - when we were just hit with another snow storm last night here in Michigan. Yup, another dumping of 7" of snow combined with ice!
*Edited to add: GREAT, now we are expecting another 8" of the fluffly white stuff to fall on Friday night through Saturday - - AAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!
Our schools are closed and my youngest is enjoying each and every minute of her unexpected day off. Except, mom here won't venture out to take her anywhere. That disappoints her. MAJORLY. If the roads are too bad for the buses, I don't go out either. Heck, I even cancelled my dental cleaning appointment for this AM. I don't care to get stuck somewhere on the road!
The top picture is of my table as you walk downstairs into our basement (where we spend most of our time). I made (years ago, when I was into ceramics - Jesus carrying His Cross to Calvary - for us!) I do not have an electrical plug on the floor upstairs underneath my sofa table or I would display this there. It's three dimensional, is lighted and I love it. This my friends, is what EASTER is all about for us Christians. Jesus, willing taking on our sin at the cross - covering them with His blood and fulfilling the sacrifice once and for all. . . for all of us. . . then triumphing over death - rising again - so we too may have eternal life through HIM. He paved the way for us to the FATHER. Thank you Jesus!!
There is also a little lighted Easter Village I've acquired over the years. . . with the standard "egg tree" on each side. It's cute and when my girls were younger they enjoyed placing the little eggs and decorations on the tree. Now, I just store it with a bag over it - because no one wants to decorate it yearly. Kind of getting like our parents who do this with their Christmas tree!!
I found this years ago when we lived in Texas for a short stint (loved every minute of it too - husband's work project - we joined him for the entire summer - hot, but wonderful). It's of the Last Supper (why we recognize Holy Thursday or some call it Maundy Thursday). It's actually a candle holder with three candle holders behind it that illuminates behind the glass nicely when lit.
Again, while in my ceramic making days. . . I made this arrangement too. I always tried to decorate for the holidays to make things special for my daughters. To give them good memories of their childhood. . . it's such a short window of opportunity.
Don't forget we also "Spring Ahead" this Saturday for those of you who are in states that participate in Day-Light Savings time. Turn your clocks UP one hour before going to bed on Saturday evening. . . you don't want to be late for Sunday church now do you?
Blessings. . . until next time,



9 comments:
What sweet decorations! My mom used to decorate for Easter but for some reason I never do. Not sure why, perhaps because I just don't like getting decorations out and putting them away. I'm the same with Christmas. Just call me Mrs. Humbug.
Hi Sher, Pretty decorations. I'm with you on the snow day thing. If the buses can't be on the road, we stay home. I also had that rule for sick days. If you were too sick to go to school, then you need to stay in for the rest of the day. No going out to play. Boy, I was strict (lol). Hopefully this will be the last snow.
Susan
Love the village.I bet it feels warm inside your beautiful home even with the snow.
Sweet and beautiful decorations, filled with so many memories!! Love this...so cheery too! Hope you are keeping warm in all the snow ...brrrrrr...all this spring cuteness makes us long for warmer temps!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Sher, I loved seeing all of your Easter decor...everything is so Springy and festive!
We had snow here, too (although not as much as you :)
xo
Dear Sher,
Just wanted to say hello! I found you on another blog.
Sorry to hear about all of the snow you're getting...remember spring is just around the corner.
I really enjoyed looking at your spring decorations.
Love, Kim
Beautiful decorations! It's snowing here all weekend too! Yuck!! lol! Man , I wish I could talk my hubby into moving somewhere out west! lol!
Pattie
Hey Sher - popping in to see ya - I love your Easter decor!!! Very springy. Spring ahead with the clocks really throws me off - I need my beauty sleep! Love, Esther
Wow! The ceramics you made are really wonderful! Sorry you're getting so much snow (that's ALOT of snow). I don't think I could deal with it. Love all your Easter decorations - I have to go have a look at mine now and see what I'll put out.
Manuela
Post a Comment