*I'm not going to be shading, framing or adding my name to my photos anymore. It takes too much time (something I don't have an abundance of these days) sooooo, if someone wants to steal my photos. . . go ahead :)
Wow, Grand Cayman was wonderful!!
We ended our vacation by going out on a 3 1/2 hour sail boat tour to snorkel. . . one. . . last. . . time!! We made a few stops. At one stop we saw the stingrays and another a shipwreck. Very cool. My husband said he can now cross "go sailing" off his "Bucket List." If you have not seen the movie "Bucket List" I would highly recommend you rent the DVD. It stars Jack Nickelson and Morgan Freeman - - two of our favorite actors.
I know, I know, I look ridiculous, but due to having Lupus, and the sun sensitivity caused from it, I must take precautions to cover up, slather on the sun-screen and protect my eyes. I put a big t-shirt to protect my skin and go in snorkeling anyways!

Then we finished our day by having a drink "in the pool!" You can see by the following picture there is a bar "in the pool!" See the stools? Kind of different. I can just picture some drunk falling off the stool into the water!

This was the breakfast chef. He made our omelets and waffles "special to order" each and every morning at the grand breakfast buffet at one of our hotel's many restaurants. I love this picture! The chef told us that one morning he came into work; was getting his eggs, veggies, cheeses all ready for the morning. . . then he turned around. . . and there he was. . . .looking at himself!! The pastry chef made this wax replica of this chef. It is an exact duplicate of this man. The character was captured perfectly. . .even down to the missing teeth, each and every wrinkle, the twinkle in his eye. AMAZING!! I think the pastry chef could easily get a job at Disneyworld making wax animation characters. The hotel didn't want to lose him so I'm sure he was given a handsome raise to stick around. And, he's already working in "paradise" so I don't know if things get much better than that!
I captured this last photo on our last night. I thought it was very fitting for a wonderful vacation. A sail boat sailing away while the sun is in the process of setting. Good by Grand Cayman. . . we'll be back someday!!
Now, I get to play "catch-up," on the bills, the house, the laundry, etc. Our girls enjoyed their time with grandma and grandpa very much. I hope grandma and grandpa enjoyed their time with the girls too!!
Blessings. . . until next time,



6 comments:
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Your pictures are so beautiful. I love the chef and chef! So funny. Don't work too hard catching up.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. It's good to hear from you again.
~Adrienne~
Looks like we needed to trade places. I think I would just stay in and sleep hehe. Sorry it had to end,but glad your trip was so so good.
Sher, what a wonderful trip you had!! And guess what?? I've been to Grand Cayman with my hubby awhile ago AND stayed just where you stayed in the Westin! It is a gorgeous place and the beach is wonderful. My hubby just loves Seven Mile Beach. We didn't get to see Stingray City on that trip, but I hope to go back again one day too. I loved all your pics, so glad you got out of the cold to a warm climate.
PS What a cute hubby you have!
So glad I came over to catch up with you today.
xo,
Rhoda
I've enjoyed your vacation photos and stories so much, Sher. It all looks wonderful!
Pat
What a fun time...that sunset is truly fabulous.
Have a blessed and wonderful day!
smiles, kari & kijsa
I must say that I am thoroughly and disgustingly jealous. We went to Cozumel on a cruise several years ago. The Caribbean beach is where I got in my mind when I need a distraction from stress. I can still smell the salty air, feel the mist and breeze, taste the food, and feel the sun's rays upon my closed eyelids. And then the little bites from the angel fish on my ankles too! Can't wait to go back.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. You guys deserve it!
Post a Comment