Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grand Cayman Vacation. . . continues :)


Friends, I think I have found a little bit of "heaven on earth" here in the Grand Cayman. *sigh* The weather is "perfect!" Not too hot, not too humid. . . just perfect. When we were in Maui and Hawaii two years ago to celebrate our 25th anniversary it was humid! Not so here in Grand Cayman - - thankfully!!


Today we went snorkeling and had so much fun. The water was really rough with lots of waves, but that didn't stop us at all.

This is our Hotel, the Westin Casuarina Resort. It's beautiful with the most beautiful pools and huge beach.

This is the entrance into our Hotel. But. . . remember. . . we are in the British Isles - so you have to drive on the opposite side of the road. Even entrances are opposite to what we are use to. Thankfully, my husband is doing the driving. He had to get a driver's permit to drive here in the Cayman. I'm glad he volunteered, I think I would have had a head-on collision by now! You know the one thing that I noticed down here? Everyone is soooo patient on the road. It absolutely amazes me. I have been here on the Island since Saturday and have yet to hear one car horn honk. Can you believe that? Not like back home!

This is the balcony off of our room. We have an ocean side view. Hubby takes good care of his wife :)
We have an evening drink out here and watch the sunset in the evenings. Unless, of course, we watch the sunset from the beach. . . as we have also.

Walking on the beach in the evening with my feet in the water's edge.
This is my husband. He has his camera, I have mine and we are trying to capture all the pictures we can. We stopped along the road on our way to snorkel to look for conch shells. They are in abundance here on the island. The locals gathering them up in the AM and sell them. We only found broken ones and parts of ones the locals didn't want to bother with. We didn't keep them either.

And a "beautiful" Cayman Island sunset.
Tomorrow, we are having breakfast at The Old English Bakery in Georgetown, snorkeling again with the Stingrays and taking a loooonnnnggg walk once again on the beach.
Blessings. . . .until next time,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how blessed I am that you are in heaven lol and take time to come see me?
Girl looks like you are having a blast.Keep up the fun an thanks for the pictures.

Adrienne said...

Oh, what a grand place to relax! I love the sunset picture best but I can't wait to see more of your photos since I didn't get to go with you! ~Adrienne~

GrinninGramma said...

It all looks beautiful and uncrowded! A dream vacation, indeed!

The "other" Sher - LOL!
Sher

black eyed susans kitchen said...

beautiful! I hope that you are staying out of the sun. Have a margarita for me. Susan