Sunday, April 13, 2008

In Grand Cayman

Spell Check is not working again. . . sorry!! Well, we're here - - we are in Grand Cayman!! Having the most wonderful time already!! Everyone is so friendly and helpful on this island. It's amazing to us. . . and we've been to many of the different Carribean Islands.

The one thing that I found strange, however, was on the taxi ride to our Westin Hotel. The taxi driver made sure to tell us that we could go to Cuba from here, if we so desired. I informed her that U.S. citizens are not allow to visit Cuba (sanctions remaining from the Kennedy days and the Cuban missile crisis). . . her response was "Oh. . . yes they can! We fly them into Cuba all the time. We just don't stamp their passports so the U.S. doesn't know that you're in Cuba." Yikes!! No thank you was my response!! I don't care to go to Cuba, have some type of trouble and the U.S. would not have my back! I don't think so. She told us that you would be surprised at all the famous people who go to Cuba. It's beautiful and very affordable, I guess. It's OK, I'll wait until, hopefully, under Castro's brother's rule now, relations with Cuba will change. We may have different issues in the United States of America, but there is no greater country in the world for this American girl!



Tomorrow. . . snorkeling :)

Blessings. . . until next time,

4 comments:

PAT said...

Enjoy your time in Grand Cayman, Sher. That's a great photo!

I would not want to go to Cuba, these days, either. My father was there, in the late 1950's (military), several years before the sanctions.

Pat

Lib said...

Hi SHer,
Hope ya'll have a wonderful week!
Blessins',Lib

Adrienne said...

Have a wonderful time! I agree with you. Until it's legal, I won't go there. I want to know I have the protection of my country if something happens. Enjoy every minute of your vacation. ~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful time. Thanks for taking time on your vacation to come by and see me=) Be careful snorkeling.