This is the Part 3 of the architectural details. . .
In our foyer (you can see the light hanging at the top of the photo) we have a coat closet. Instead of taking that closet all the way up to the 20' ceiling. . . leaving all that space "dead", we did something a little different. Our builder framed the closet in and we have a plant/accent ledge above it.
Extending from this closet plant/accent ledge is a ledge to the catwalk that I placed my favorite angels upon. At the bottom of this photo (I took it on the stairs) you can see into the dining room. The open dining room is outlined with accent pillars and you can see my "fancy" paint job. Stripes. Wide stripes. The painter painted the walls all the same sheen (flat), then went back over and taped off at 9 1/2" intervals and painted those sections with polyurethane.
This is a framed-in ceiling drop / off-setting our open dining room. Another little detail.

Our master bedroom has a panned ceiling going up in steps.
The kitchen has a panned ceiling going down in steps. This panned ceiling is over the table. One of the elevations houses the recessed lights (again on dimmers). It makes a nice decorative element over the eating area. Something a little different than a flat ceiling. I had our painter paint our kitchen as well. It's a rag/brushing technique to resemble old world European plaster. I adore it!
Not an architectural detail, but I wanted to show you anyways. . . I just recently had our electrician add these two lights in the upstairs "cat-walk." They are placed on each side of the display table (again, on dimmers).

Our master bedroom has a panned ceiling going up in steps.
Not an architectural detail, but I wanted to show you anyways. . . I just recently had our electrician add these two lights in the upstairs "cat-walk." They are placed on each side of the display table (again, on dimmers). I plan on taking my laptop with me Saturday morning when hubby and I leave for Grand Cayman. A much needed trip, I may add. We are so looking forward to a rest. So, I hope to do a few posts while we are away. . . that is if we're not too busy snorkeling!!
. . . now off to pack that sunblock. Sun. . . something we haven't seen much of here in Michigan :)
Blessings. . . until next time,



4 comments:
Love your home and have a great trip.
Have a safe and happy holiday! ::Jill
Your house is so lovely, lots of great details!
Oh, wow, how wonderful for you to get away! Have a blessed and peaceful time!
xo
Melissa
Beautiful home...love these photos too!! have a woderful trip!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Post a Comment