Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Architectural Detail

A little more architectural detail in our home. . .



Over the fireplace we had the wall built out a little and recessed lights on dimmers placed inside the extension. It looks very nice at night with these accent lights and breaks up the space between the lights and the ttttaaaalllll ceiling.


Another little favorite spot of mine is at the top of the stairs. We have a little cubbie with a recessed light there too. It looks very pretty at night illuminated and breaks up the wall. When we were building this house I remember my husband going out and spending hundreds, yes, hundreds of dollars on sliding dimmer switches. He said that was the time to have the electrician install them so he didn't have to do it himself later. We have like 69 recessed lights in this house and 90% of then are on dimmers! Many have several recessed lights assigned to one switch so we don't have 69 dimmers, but we do have a lot of them. Looking back, I'm glad my husband went ahead and did this. It makes all the difference in the world. At the time I was fuming about the "budget being blown!"


A little up-date on our youngest. We received the test results back from her Echo and her heart is fine. . . thank you Jesus!! Her doctor thinks it may just have been a viral thing she had. If the chest pains return, further testing will be done at that time (stress test). Next, we have an appointment in two weeks with the hand surgeon to review the MRI results. Thank you for your kind comments and prayers. We so appreciate them.


I think, hope, pray that we have turned the corner here in Michigan with our winter weather. It's been absolutely beautiful for the past three days. High 60's to low 70's! We'll take it!! Finally, all the snow has melted. Good bye, and good riddance!!

Blessings. . . until next time,

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Good news! Thank you, Lord, for good results. ~Adrienne~

BailiwickStudio said...

I'm so glad your daughter's test results are good! Hallelujah!

And I'm also glad you're entering into Spring... I know you were getting weary of all that continuous snow!

::Jill

linda t said...

Great news Sher!
Praying your daughter continues to heal and that the chest pains go away.
Thanks for sharing the update.
LOVE your home!

Lib said...

Hi SHer,
So happy to hear the good news! God Is Good ALL THE TIME:o)
Love your home and how you dec.
Blessins',Lib

Southern Heart said...

Sher, I'm so glad that her test results have been fine so far. I know that had to be so frightening! Continued prayers for her health.

The details in your home are wonderful...you have done such a great job with everything!

xo

Anonymous said...

Sher, Good news about your daughter!

Love that nook and that's A LOT of recessed lights!

Manuela

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This must have been terrifying for you. Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. Susan

PAT said...

Sher, we're taking a little break today and I'm visiting my blogs! I was wondering how your daughter's heart tests were. Wonderful news that her heart is ok!

I've enjoyed seeing the photos of your home. Wow, it's gorgeous and it's been done with so much attention to detail!

Pat

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher! I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to visit my friends like I would like. So glad your DD is fine.

I'd love to have some dimmers in our house. We have none, but I plan to add several here soon!

Have a great weekend!
xo,
Rhoda

kari and kijsa said...

Wonderful news about your daughter!! And just in time for sunny days and warmer weather!! Your photos and details are exquisite!! Beautiful!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa