Friday, May 23, 2008

Remember the Alamo!!


HAD to visit the Alamo!!!!


Couldn't come to San Antonio, Texas and NOT make a visit. Of course, our youngest didn't want anything to do with visiting the Alamo. . . too much like school for her. But, we (& she) went anyways and enjoyed it. I was surprised that this historic spot is right smack dab in the middle of town. Kind of different. We walked to it from our hotel, so that was sure convenient.

Here it is. Just like I've always seen it in pictures!
Tongue and cheek smile from our youngest. She would have rather gone "shopping!!" Of course, I didn't know on our first trip to the Alamo that it closed at 5:30!!!! (that's probably why she's smiling) . . . but it was all good. . . we just went back the next day : )

Different day, therefore, different clothes!!

Yup, Crockett, as in Davey Crockett who fought and died at the Alamo. This sure was one hot piece of property!! We also saw his memorial in a church on the other side of town, but were unable to take pictures inside the church.

We took a river boat ride down and around the Riverwalk. Beautiful ride. I couldn't understand a "word" our driver was saying though. Talking too fast and I don't speak Spanish! I sure wish I did though. We enjoyed it very much anyways.
Along the Riverwalk in the boat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!! We are staying in San Antonio until Sunday night then heading back to Michigan. One thing that I know for sure. . . when I get home. . . I don't want to see that bathroom scale until I can fast for a week or two first LOL!!!! Oh, my, Gosh. Excellent Mexican food. Everywhere!!
Blessings. . . until next time,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found you through Southern Hospitality! You lucky duck---I LOVED the River Walk. We were there several years ago for an anniversary get-away....it was such fun. We also enjoyed The Alamo and many other great sites. Your photos brought back fond memories. Thanks

Ginger said...

I also just found you what a wonderful trip and the food sound like heaven i love mexican food.Did you bring us back some recipes from your trip? The trip looked like you all had lots of fun thank you for sharing your trip with us.