Sunday, June 1, 2008

Relay for Life - Basket and Participation


Looonnnnggggg Day!!!

A quick post and then off for a hot shower and into bed for me!! Today was our township's cancer Relay for Life. What a touching experience.


This is the basket I embroidered items for and compiled on behalf of the 9th grade Cheer Team. We had a silent auction and everything donated was lovely. I made our basket a "French Inspired Bed and Bath Basket." I included a set of Fleur De Lis embroidered hand towels, Eiffel Tower pillowcases with a Fleur De Lis border, Fleur De Lis, soap and various other items for our basket.

Here's a close up of the items I embroidered on my new embroidery machine. I am loving that machine people!! And I am loving using it for causes like this as well!

Here's our gals. Our 9th grade Cheer Team gathering and getting ready to cheer on the survivors at the "Survivor's Walk." Very, very touching!!

I'm not one to believe that teens should sit around and do nothing. . . so I signed up the girls to scoop ice cream for a two hour block. It's so good for this age to "serve" and not always "be served." The girls enjoyed the experience and the customers loved being served by cute little cheerleaders as well!! They were very good for business actually :)
Well, I've been gone from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM. . . off for a shower and La-La Land. Sweet Dreams you all!!
Blessings. . . until next time,

4 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Awwww......How sweet!
I agree its nice to serve and not always be served!
Have aGreat wk.
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Girl your work is beautiful. I would have bid on that basket for sure.
Will you email me with a price if you do it...of a couple of burp clothes for my new Grandson to be born in Aug.

Anonymous said...

I think the small hand towels would be good. She is doing yellow and light green. Just let me know.

Judy said...

How very kind of you to help out your friend in her time of need. I remember at a funeral I attended once the preacher said that the real grief starts after the funeral when everyone has gone away and you are looking down the corridor of time without your loved one! I will be sure to tell my hubby I love him when he comes home and thank him for all he does!

What kind of embroidery machine do you have? I have not sewed in many years but I am contemplating taking it up again b/c with two little granddaughters I love buying them clothes....thing is, they are very costly and they outgrow them quickly. I would like one that can monogram as well. Please let me know about your machine at jdy277@aol.com.

Thanks!

Judy