Life is so precious. . . live each and every day to the fullest and make sure your family knows that you love them!
I've been so busy around here the past week. Wednesday afternoon, while at work, my good friend's husband had a massive heart attack and died!! Thursday evening I took her and her kids dinner to find her not in a good state. She was definitely in shock and not thinking, or talking properly.
Sunday evening was the funeral (I've never been to a funeral on a Sunday evening, but it was a "memorial" type service and it's what he/she had wanted apparently.) I got up at 5 AM this am to take her husband's sister back to the airport. I didn't want my friend to take her alone, in her grieving state, so I offered to pick them up and drive them. We got in all the AM rush-hour traffic, but her sister-in-law made her flight in time.
On the way home my friend asked if I would stop at the funeral home so she could pay her funeral bill. We entered the funeral home, which was unlocked, but all the lights were off. No one was around. There was an unplugged vacuum in the middle of one of the viewing rooms so she wanted to "go look" around for someone. It was a little too creepy for me. . . walking around that place. . . in the dark. . . looking for someone "living!" Finally, I heard footsteps "upstairs!" Upstairs we went to find someone "living" and on the telephone!! Aaaauuuuggggghhhhhh. . . she took care of her bill and then told the funeral home "I" would be back later that day to drop off the memory board. It was a board that we used to pin pictures on at the memorial service. Sooooo, home I took her, helped her remove the pictures. . . and back to the funeral home "I" went. Of course, NO ONE was around again.
. . . I left the empty memory board laying against a chair and got out of there. I called the funeral home from my car and let the person who answered know where the board was. No way was I roaming around that place again. Sorry, stuff like that just creeps me out!!
Please remember my friend in prayer. She and her children are going to have some very rough days ahead of them. Once all the craziness is over, and they actually have a moment to breath. . .and be by themselves, it will probably all hit them like a ton of bricks that. . . Dad's not coming home ever again. Thank you!!
Now, ladies, go and hug and kiss your husband and children. . . we never know when they walk out the door if that will be the last time we will see them. Life is so fleeting. . . thank God I have Jesus!!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Kind Of Creepy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
What a heartache for your friend. I'm so glad you were there to help her. When I was a teenager the grandfather of one of my dearest friends was killed in an auto accident. When I got to see and talk to her grandmother she said something I'll never forget. "I didn't kiss him goodbye." It left such an impression on me that my sweetheart doesn't leave to go anywhere without me kissing him goodbye. I never want that regret. I will go hug and kiss my hubby right now. ~Adrienne~
Sher, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Your words are very true. Always remember to say I love you and cherish our times with family and friends. J's brother was killed in an auto accident, at 23 and his father died of a sudden massive heart attack two months later, at the age of 52. I don't believe J's mother ever recovered from the loss, even though she lived nearly 30 years afterward.
My aunt worked in a funeral home as a secretary/receptionist, shortly after she finished business college, back in the late 1930's early 40's. The "home" was in an old Victorian house. Her office was upstairs. She had to work late a time or two and felt so uncomfortable about being alone there, she soon found other employment.
I am always amazed and in awe of funeral directors and those who help them. They have to be extra special folks to do the work they do.
Pat
Hi Sher,
So sorry to hear of your Friends loss!
So sweet of you to be so helpful to her in her time of need!:o)
So true we never know what Our time will come, and we should left our Loved ones know we Love them.
Blessins',Lib
You were a very good friend! Sometimes, we need to react well and deal with the situation after the fact. You reacted very well. I will take your advice today, and hug all of my loved ones, but I do that everyday anyway. Life is just too iffy. Big Hug for you. Susan
How nice to have a friend like you around. I know she appreciates you so much.
I am going to have April's tea the second week in July so don't rush.I understand.I really will be happy to pay. if you don't let me then I will have her unwrap it from one of my best blogging friends.
I'm so sorry for your friend's family. That is such a shock - something that is never expected. It sounds like you're just the type of friend they need. God bless you, and I pray for the Lord's grace upon the grieving family. ::Jill
Post a Comment