Sunday, June 8, 2008

Farmer's Market - How Fun!!


I am NOT an early riser. I love to sleep. If I'm able, I like to wake up minus the alarm. But. . . if I must get up for something, I certainly can. That's just what hubby (who by the way is a very early riser) did yesterday morning. I had read about a local Farmer's Market just one town over in Rochester, Michigan. "How wonderful!" I thought. I won't need to get up and drive all. . . the. . . way. . . downtown to Detroit to attend a Farmer's Market. So, the conditions were right. . .good weather. . .kids were sleeping in. . . very close to our house.

We had the most wonderful morning!! Got up early (yes, 7:00 AM is early for me on a Saturday), got ready and was one of the first to arrive at the Market.

What a delight!! We purchased freshly gathered brown eggs, two loaves of bakery bread (a cinnamon bun bread and a cheesy pull-a-part bread), two planters of lavender (been wanting some forever for planting), some Amish roll butter for my father-in-law for Father's Day (he LOVES butter. . . long story, so he'll love this gift), radishes, zuchini and small red skinned potatoes and the biggest, hugest and most wonderful hanging basket of flowers for my front yard! In my photo, can you see that huge basket of deep purple petunias hanging on the left side of the tent?t? Well, it's now hanging in my front yard. It was only twenty bucks!!! $20, can you believe that? I would have paid $75 anywhere else.
Hubby and I stopped for breakfast on the way home and talked about our future visits to the market in upcoming weeks. Soon strawberries, cherries, blueberries will be out for purchase. Followed by apples, pumpkins, mums. Oh, I don't think I'll do much "sleeping in" on Saturdays anymore!
Yes, it was the most wonderful day!!
Blessings. . . until next time,

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a wonderful place to be on a Saturday morning. Even when it's early! We have a local Grower's Market every Saturday. Just a few blocks from my home. I'm spoiled! ~Adrienne~

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
I Am 100% morning person and Love it.lol
We don't sell at the Farmer's market anymore but live the Simple life and Love it!
We have Farmer's markets ,we go now and then to buy things we don't grow here. We're showing our ages here lol couldn't keep up with the demand of selling at the Farmer's market.
I make alot of herb butters, breads, jams.
You have a Blessed wk.
Blessins',Lib

BailiwickStudio said...

Don't you just love Farmers Markets? Ours here is on Thursdays, year round. This time of year the fruits are showing up in all their glory - my favorite? A pluot! ::Jill

PAT said...

This looks like a fabulous farmers market! The purple petunia basket is beautiful and what a deal!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I love to sleep in too but like you some Saturdays just need to be explored and isin't it glorious when we find goodies to boot to take home.Your basket must be gorgeous up close.Glad you had a good day that was worth waking up early for!!
Diane
http://dianobe.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That looks and sounds like a great Farmers Market! I love to go to them, too, and recently posted about a good one close by in Liberty, MO, managed by friend's 15 year old son!! He's amazing. I believe my favorite thing about those kinds of markets would be the delicious homemade breads, pies, jellies.......I always load up on them.