Thursday, July 10, 2008

Visitors at the Cottage VIA the Water

Cottage Visitors. . . VIA the water!!



Last week while at the cottage we looked out our doorwalls and saw we had visitors. Kayakers down our canal. We are about two lots over from the main lake on the canal. Someday we'll be on the main Lake!!!
Have you ever gone kayaking? It's great fun. We normally like to go on the Rifle River in the fall. The color changes in Michigan are just absolutely breathtaking in the fall and this makes for a wonderful family adventure.


We never thought about kayaking in our own lake though. . . hhmmmm. . . something to think about maybe. And then again, with the boat and jet ski wake. . . maybe kayaking on the lake wouldn't be sure a great idea. . . we'll just stick to river kayaking.


Blessings. . . until next time,

5 comments:

Lib said...

Hi sher,
Your cottage sounds like a wonderful, peaceful place to go.
Hope you're having a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

Adrienne said...

I've never gone kayaking but a coworker of mine years ago moved away, took up kayaking and I never would have believed how much she loved it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the flowers outside my window.
~Adrienne~

Anonymous said...

I think i went once rafting in the rushing rivers in the Ozarks.Alittle afraid. I think it was all the large rocks we hit.

PAT said...

I've seen a few kyaking on our lake. They must be pretty adventuresome folks, because there is an awful lot of turbulence caused by those big ol' boats and waverunners. I don't think I would be that brave.

Have a great week. I'm celebrating my 200th post with a little giveaway.
Pat

June Beach said...

Sher,
Your right kayaking is fun & honestly it is great on the lake even with the boats!

Being from Michigan like yourself I know exactly what you mean about the color changes here and your right they are truly breathtaking.....

Sparkles!

June