Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Little Sample of Things to Come!!

NO, it's not a pile of junk. I'm compiling items for my new master-bedroom make-over. Think toile, damask, black, beige and a touch of pear green for accent. I'm so excited - I just purchased a really great looking sleigh bed on Craig's List that I am going to paint black to complete the "picture in my mind!" Strange as it may sound. . . that's how I decorate. . . in my mind. I visualize what it's going to look like and then go for it.

But first, we're heading off for a "family-moon" also known as a much needed family vacation. It's a great opportunity for our family to reconnect with each other due to the crazy schedules of working, school, college, etc. We're off to Myrtle Beach on Friday. . .so for now, I'll just have to continue to decorate in my mind. I'll get started when we return. . . maybe. I have a few small things I really should finish up first before beginning such a large project.

Blessings. . . until next time,

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi Sher -
I can't wait to see you room redo! It's going to be fantastic, I know. Have a wonderful time away. Get lots of rest and enjoy every minute.
~Adrienne~

Lib said...

Hi SHer,
I love the colors you are putting together.:o) I know it will be Beautiful!
Hope ya'll have a great vacation!
Blessins',Lib

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

A Family-moon!!!!
I love it.... such a great idea!
Have a wonderful time!!!!

Ouuuu Sher your bedroom make over is sounding great!
I am the same way....first I decorate in my head then gather things and jump in and go for it!
Right now I am picturing our bedroom in chocolate brown and pink!
I can see it and am lovin it!

Talk soon,
Hugz,
Dolly

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Ooh la la..this makeover sounds like it will be fabulous. Then, all of your decorating is fabulous. Have a wonderful time away. Susan

Hopechest Bride said...

I love looking at other peoples "Stash". Happy Decorating. Can't wait to see the finished room.