Sunday, August 31, 2008

Moving Things Around!!

We had our lighted fountain on our back patio for a few years now. . . but since we added the other water feature of our rock pool ~ we didn't think we needed two trickling sounds :)


So, I "encouraged" my hubby to help me move it to our front yard ~ in our little courtyard area. It's on a dawn/dusk timer which turns on the water and the underwater lights (man, I needed to replace those lights and did I ever have a hard time finding replacements ~ good ole' Internet ~ after running all around the county checking brick and mortar stores ~ I finally found replacement bulbs on the Internet!)


This area doesn't look as "grand" as it usually does. . . because. . . remember we had our house painted this month? Well the painter chopped a lot of this area away to obtain access to the trim and to secure his ladder to the second level. My Clematis in the antique urns was absolutely beautiful before the painter got to them. They were climbing up the copper pole and blooming in all their glory *sigh*. I guess that's the price to pay for home maintenance upkeep!

Our little fountain looks like it belongs here. . . don't you think??!!


Blessings. . . until next time,

10 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
I Love your fountain and courtyard.
Sorry to hear what the painters had to do . Maybe they will come back bigger and better after a pruning.
Hope you have a great day!
Blessins',Lib

Bo said...

Your home is so BEAUTIFUL...it wouldn't matter where you placed that GORGEOUS fountain...it would always look fabulous! ;-) Bo

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Ouuuu Sher I love your courtyard!
The fountain looks perfect there!

I have been moving things around outside too!
Putting in a new flower bed and transplanting plants n statues as well!
Fun Fun Fun!!!!

Hope you are haveing a great weekend!
Hugz, Dolly

Anonymous said...

Your patio looks so beautiful. Even the "chopped" clematis looks lovely--those urns are wonderful. Hope your Labor Day is a great one! Dana

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Sher

Thanks for visiting me and leaving your sweet comment. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome. I've enjoyed my visit here too. It looks like we enjoy a lot of the same blogs. The fountain looks so good in it's new spot. I bet it wasn't easy moving it either!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I love your courtyard - I've always wanted one! The fountain looks right at home there.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Sher!

Since we moved the fountain from the front garden, I've been looking around for a fountain similar to yours. My idea is to have it against the garage wall of the front/dining room garden.

Charm and Grace said...

Hi Sher, thanks for stopping by my blog this morning and laughing with me at my "Yearbook Yourself" photos. It was such fun doing that and imagining myself in all those time periods. Your fountain is gorgeous and I would love to have a patio like that!

Blessings,
Christi

cherry said...

Very pretty......glad you stopped by my blog! Love yours...the fleur de lis's are lovely. cherry

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Mmmm! Sweet spot!