Oh What A Wonderful Vacation We Had!!!!
Come on into our condo with me! We rented a condo in North Myrtle Beach. It was part of the Hilton Hotel's Kingston Plantation, called The Royal Palms. It was wonderful!!
This is at the entrance to our condo. Closet to the right and left for hanging items. Second door on the left was one of the bathrooms (the one our girls used).
Here's our girls' room. They had a room with two queen sized beds. My hubby and I were at the opposite end of the condo. . . so that was nice because we couldn't hear them in their room late at night talking, laughing and watching TV.
This is a shot of the girls bathroom. It's soooo hard to photograph bathrooms!! They are so small it's hard to fit them in the photo.
Our beautiful kitchen area. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to cook and clean for a week in this kitchen. It has totally nixed my thoughts of granite counter tops for our home in the future. No thank you. I will be happy to stick with my Corian Solid Surface. This black granite showed everything. It was so hard to clean too. I couldn't believe it. Every water drop showed, every streak was magnified!
Off of the kitchen was a laundry room. Yes, I LOVE having a washer and dryer on vacation. That way before we return home I can wash my family's clothing so I don't have to do it when I get home. Everyone can just put their clothing right back in their closets and dressers!
This is the balcony off of our rooms. We could enter the balcony from the living room or from the master bedroom. Oh yes, we had the end unit on the 24th floor. And what. . .a. . . view. . . we. . . had!!
This is the master bedroom with a bathroom off of it. To the left (can't see it in this picture) is another doorwall leading to the same balcony as above. We had a wonderful walk-in-closet that was the size of some bedrooms I've seen.
This is the master bathroom. Behind the door is the Jacuzzi tub. I'm strange. I only get in my nice, clean Jucuzzi tub I have at home in my bathroom. I've read about all the germs in the tub and on the remote controls. No thank you!!
This is the view from our bedroom walking into the Living Room/Dining area. Yes, hubby is on the phone WORKING. . . on vacation. I'm not sure what was supposed to be over the buffet in the dining area. It looks like it may have been a photo or a mirror that wasn't there any longer. You can still see the hanging hardware attached to the wall, however.
This is a shot from the dining room, into the kitchen. To the right, you go down a hall and back out to the exit door.
This is the view from our room. I didn't visit the pool. I spent my days laying on the beach under an umbrella. . . reading a book and just totally enjoying myself. Our girls and my husband enjoyed boogie boarding and renting jet skis. I enjoyed looonnnngg walks on the beach in the morning and late evening. *Sigh* What a great time, family time we had.
We ended our vacation by visiting Charleston. What a great city! We visited the Middleton Plantation, The Marketplace, the beautiful old homes, Justine's Home Cooking Restaurant and the wonderful downtown area with all the delightful stores and antique shops. Our hotel was not as impressive as our condo though. Due to the history of Charleston - - space, of course, is at a premium. We stayed at a beautiful Embassy Suites which was a former military academy. We opened our door to our "suite" and our girls asked us where it was. I would have taken a picture for you all, but it was too small to even bother. But, we all enjoyed ourselves in spite of the small, close space.



6 comments:
Hi Sher...Very nice vacation you had. Our newspaper recently ran a story from the New York Times about a doctor having the granite countertops removed from her home because of the radiation they were emitting which can cause lung cancer. They listed a number for Texans to call to receive free radiation test kits...I am wondering if people are going to regret having installed them in their homes. ;-) Bo
Girl that is beautiful enough to be a home. Glad your home safe.
What a lovely condo. Glad that you had such a nice vacation...now for the kids to go back to school. Susan
Lovely! Hope you're having a good wk.
Blessins',Lib
Hello new blogging friend. You commented on my chic critique post today. I live in South Carolina. I'm so glad that you had a chance to enjoy our beautiful state. I love it here. I grew up in Illinois, so I can appreciate the beaches and beauty down here. You must come back to see Hilton Head Island, Pawleys Island and Beaufort. Some of my favs in the state.
Post a Comment