Two more (little ~ tiny) Master bedroom projects completed:
I already had this bench, which sat at the foot of our bed. But it needed some updating ~ that was for sure. Off came the cushion and out came the black satin spray paint again. The legs were wooden and stained a light oak. The wrought iron scrolls were already black, so this didn't take much to change. A good two coats of paint to freshen up this baby and we were good to go. I took one of the pillow shams that came with the coverlet set I purchased at Costco and used it to recover this bench. I wasn't planning on using these shams on our bed anyways. Well, I did think about it for a fleeting moment and then remembered my hubby doesn't like too many pillows on our bed. Too hard to make it he says and believe me, if he makes the bed occasionally, I'm all for making it convenient for him to do so :) !!
I then took the little vintage tray that I purchased this summer at a garage sale (for $3), removed the glass, took out the ugly print it housed and sprayed that old beat up wood with satin black spray paint as well. I added some black and beige toile fabric, placed the glass back on and added some trim around the edges. I placed the little black and white toile tea-cup/tea-pot I purchased through Ebay on my tray.
And YES, actually, I will use this tray and have coffee or tea, with a piece of toast and read the Saturday paper. Hubby, oh hubby, "Honey, are you reading this???? I'll take my toast dry and my coffee black!!!!!!"
Blessings. . . until next time,



9 comments:
Hi Sher...another fabulous project! I do love the black & white toile teapot/cup. ;-) Bo
Don't you just love it when little projects come together like this? It's gorgeous!! And, besides, it's so much fun re-purposing items we find...to fit our decor.
Have a blessed week.
Jan
Hi Sher,
You Are GOOD! Love it!
Hope your DH was listening.:o)
Have a great day!
Blessins',Lib
Another GREAT project finished! I do love the vintage tray and the toile tea-cup/tea-pot. Enjoy your dry toast and black coffee! Cute!
what a great job, you're very creative.
Gill in Canada
Wow...great job! Love your toile bedroom and the tray is just divine! :-) Susan
Looks great...especially since they were redone in BLACK!
You are on a roll...great job!! I love the make over on the bench.
It's me again...we must be on the same wavelength! I hope to re-do my bench (like yours) for our bedroom very soon. Since our bedroom is now going "cottage-y white the base of the bench is going to be repainted then antiqued and I'm using either burlap or linen to cover it with then finished off with nail heads. Now I'm off to read about your lamps cause I'm re-doing some lamps as well!
Judy
Post a Comment