I've had a very productive week.
I love when I have a productive week :)

Project #1: I completed our bedroom drapery. Finally!! No I don't use a pattern ~ I make my own. I just get these visions in my head of what I'd like to have and go from there. I measure, draw it out and go. I'm a self-taught sewer. My mom never sewed, nor my grandmother or aunts. You can click on to enlarge if you wish. Please disregard our 14 year old cheerleader daughter's trampoline through the window. I took this picture at dusk before I dropped the blinds behind the drapes. That's not the moon, but my flash back in the window.

Project #2: My $15 garage sale find. Remember this?

Ta-Da!! I added wood putty to the cracks and chips, sanded down this piece painted it black, added the appliques and new glass knobs. I just found these adorable glass knob at The Home Depot. They were about $4 each. I noticed after loading this photo I need to adjust the light cord behind my desk.
Project #3: This was a leftover lampshade that I adored the shape of, but not the colors anymore. I saw on some one's blog (I'm sorry, I don't remember whose ~ please let me know if it was you and I'll give you a shout-out!) that they simply painted the shade with acrylic paints. Gee, why not give this a try I thought. I carefully painted the shade to avoid the trim. See my lovely, messy work table. Everyone needs a space. Mine is in the basement.
Project #4: Here's the finished product. I think it works well in here. I always say cheap is good, free is better. See the lamp the shade is on? This lamp was purchased for me when I was a small girl. Like in the 4th grade!! My parents went to an auction (I think it was the one and only auction they ever attended) and I tagged along. I fell in love with the lamp and my dad bid on it for me. It cost a whole $4!!! I dug this treasure out and rewired the lamp. It did not have a polarized plug and the cord wasn't in the best shape anyways. So, I replaced the "guts." I still love it today!
Project #5: This little silver plated clock I picked up while at a garage sale this fall for $1. It was tarnished and had an old dirty cross stitch picture on the other side. I removed the cross stitch and found this lovely black velvet. I had a wooden Fleur De Lis that I painted and hot glued on this velvet. The clock keeps time perfectly so this will work nicely on my newly painted desk.Our bedroom is just about complete now. I have to add some accessories to our triple dresser (the wall you have not seen yet :) then I should be done with this room. The master bath is just about finished too. Just a few more items to complete. But, I'm taking a break to get into the Great Room first.
Next week, hopefully, I'll get the new drapes made for our Great Room!!! I'd like them done and up before the Christmas tree. If not, they will have to wait because the tree goes right in front of one window.
So, what have you all been up to this week?
Blessings. . . until next time,


17 comments:
I love the black furniture and the toile--great look...
Girl you have been busy and did some beautiful work. I love it all. The desk is my favorite.
Busy, busy, busy...and everything looks beautiful!!!
All of your projects turned out great! Love the desk especially. I didn't know you could paint a lamp shade...yours looks great in black. Your curtains are amazing, too!
Gosh I hate you! LOL!!!! You have done so much this week, it makes me feel like a total slacker!
I did, however, manage to get up a giveaway! I would love for you to come check it out! :)
Wow you sure have been busy this week! Everything turned out great!
Hi Sher ~ LOVE all your projects, especially the black desk! I am in the process of painting a desk & bookcase black for my daughter's room. You did a wonderful job with everything!
Have a super weekend!
Blessings to you :)
Michelle
Great Land of Goshen!!!! You really HAVE been busy! (and here all the time I thought you were working on your computer for the church. I guess you do that at night while the rest of us sleep!) You go girl! Ha! Ha!
Wonderful window treatment, Sher! I like the outcome of your furniture and lamp redo, too! Great job!
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. J just came in and said it is "spittin' snow"!
You go Girl! Every project turned out great, like the all. Especially like how you painted the lampshade, have never thought about doing that. You are gifted, what a blessing. Thanks for sharing and dropping by and visiting me. God Bless You & Yours.
Blessings-
Hi Sher...I love those toile drapes! What a statement they make with your "new" desk & lamp...your vision for your master bedroom is coming into being... ;-) Bo
You projects turned out great! Very talented lady!
Cathy
Hi Sher, I love everything that you have been doing!! Pleeeese send me some of that energy! I think my favorite is that desk and lamp shade! You get an A+++++
Blessings, Nancy
Hi Sher,
Love all your projects. You did a Beautiful job!
Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib
Wow! I don't know what I like best. I think that I am most impressed by the work that you did on your garage sale find. The work is really impressive and it's a beautiful addition to your home.
Sweetie
Sher,
I am in awe of all your lovely projects. I wish you could have seen my jaw drop when I saw the desk makeover. It is drop-dead gorgeous! You must be so proud.
I could not believe it when I read that your mom and grandmother did not sew!!! That makes you Superwoman. The bedroom drapes are unbelievable. I think I remember the post of someone painting the lamp shade. Was it red??? Anyway, yours is perfection and the base is just so beautiful. Boy, I'll have whatever it is that you have for breakfast each day. You run like a tornado. And last but not least...I hope your back is much better these days. : )
Mary Lou
Wow, what a busy girl you have been! Amazing makeovers.
Post a Comment