* Be careful. Someone from Bangalore, Karnataka ~ India, arrived from blogsearch.google.com and tried to do the exact same thing as last week. It was a bogus "Susan." They leave an open ended message, which requires clicking on to finish reading. This time they said look at these bedroom sets.
This one about did me in!! Drapery Treatments for the Great Room:
Goals. Sometimes they can almost kill ya!! My goal was to complete these drapery treatments prior to putting up our Christmas tree. The Christmas tree goes right into this corner. I waited until the conditions were right. Fabric selection took me a long time to find just the right fabric. Then, after finding just the right fabric. . . I had to wait until Joann's had it on sale. Then I had to find just the right trim, drapery rods, lining, etc. also on sale. . . because I'm cheap (or frugal is a better choice for a word perhaps :)
I measured and I rolled (oh yeah, did I mention that Joann's didn't have enough on the roll so I had to special order it? So instead of having them cut me two 4 1/2 yard sections I had it all delivered in one large, heavy, cumbersome 9 yard roll.) and I cut and I pinned and I serged and sewed and pressed and serged and sewed and I pressed some more. I mean. . that's a lot of fabric to work with people!! I finished these late, late last night and we hung them. We just wanted them done with! We dropped into bed at 3:00AM, but still made it to the 11:30 service at church this morning.
I am so thankful that hubby and I make a team. He's always ready to help me achieve whatever hair brained idea I cook up. Thankfully, he has one of those 26' Little Giant ladders that I special ordered him for his birthday (gee, bet he wishes sometimes I didn't) when we first moved into this house. It's a great ladder and he took responsibility for securing the curtain rods and climbing to the top. I did go up on the ladder to make a few adjustments, but I sure didn't look down.The finished product, we all LOVE. Our daughter's compliments this morning were overwhelming. They love them too. My husband said he was going to watch the football game in there today for a change because he just loves being in the Great Room now (considering our crappy Lions team, I guess sitting in that room was the highlight of the game). It's much cozier than before. I have a schedule for things and I never did drapery to these windows because I knew we were going to change things around after the basement was finished. Like, Den furniture to the basement, some of the Great Room furniture to the Den and then ordering new Great Room furniture. So, here were are now. Schedule completed!
Goals, projects & schedules! I think I'm about done for the remainder of the year now. I think it may take the remainder of the year for my neck and back to return to normal after this project anyways. I'm going to decorate for Christmas, bake, entertain and enjoy the Christmas season for the remainder of the year.
Blessings. . .until next time,


21 comments:
Hi Sher -
Your drapes look fabulous! I love the fabric and the whole look of your windows. I'm sure it make the room feel different. And I can believe you were glad to cross that one off your list.
~Adrienne~
Sher those drapes look awesome! Wish I could sew! I always have to hire people to sew for me.
The curtains are great...sure wish I could sew, because I've been looking for new curtains for our bedroom and I'm just not finding what I'm looking for.
Girl you just amaze me.I don't know where you got all this talent,but you are amazing!
that looks so pretty! And me here with my non treated doorwall blinds. I should be ashamed....
What a great job! The room looks so warm and cozy now! Can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!
Hi Sher,
Great JOb! The drapes are Beautiful!
Enjoy the Christ mas Season!;o)
Have agreat wk.
Blessins',Lib
Thanks Sher im glad my tree really shows off who I am. =) glitzy,wild,loud,but homey hehe.
Hi Sher
The drapes really look great. I love the style with the little valance at the top. Great Fabric and no wonder everyone feels good in there. I need to replace the drapes in my livingroom. I have found a toile fabric but the price just isn't coming down so I keep my eye on another one...just haven't buckled down to do what you did. I really like that valance at the top and I may be using that idea also.
Your windows are sooo long. Good thing you got a break with the fabric because thats very long.
Enjoy your evening in your "new" room.
Judi
Whoa...that was a massive amount of fabric to wrestle, but look what you've created...magnificent! And I'm sure the price would have been through the roof if you had hired them done... ;-) Bo
Hi Sher! Your draperies are so beautiful! Your windows are so high! I'll bet you sewed and sewed. Did you line them? I need curtains in my living room and you're giving me some inspiration!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Sher, I love it! You did an excellent job! That's great you can do that...not me, I would have to hire that done! Blessings, nancy
My goodness, it looks like your patience paid off....in waiting for all the elements to come together! They look fabulous! I'd love to come there and just sit and look at 'em! Go, girl, go!
Suzanne
WOW! That's a lot of fabric to deal with. Great job!
Sher, What a great job!! Those are some tall curtains. It is beautiful. You should be so proud.
Beautiful draperies, Sher! Your hard work and talents show! Kudos to your hubby, too!
I think J "needs" one of those ladders.
The drapes look wonderful! What a gorgeous accent to the room. ::Jill
Sher....
They are gorgeous! They really "make the room". You really have me itching to unpack that new fancy sewing machine I bought 3 years ago on a whim (hey, my mother was a seamstress...I figured I may have inherited some of her skill!).
Yes, doesn't it feel wonderful to know that you can now sit back and enjoy those new draperies during the holidays? And, think of all the compliments you'll be getting. That will make it even better!!
Bravo!!!
Judi
Sher the drapes look lovely! Congrats on being "done" for the year!!
I wish I could say that. But, technically, I can't...or...hmmm...maybe I can!! If I take everything off my list for the year...I can also say I'm "done" for the year. Then I could just bake my cookies, strudles and cinnamon rolls, as usual. I already know we're going to enjoy the Holidays...cuz for some time during them, we'll be away!!!
~Blessings,
Jan
That is so funny. When my kids used to have friends over and they would go to the trash in the pantry they would all hollar come here look at this. All the guys would say I want my wife to be like this and the chics thought I was nuts too =)
Im ecited to see you have the same disorder I do lol. Im joken,but it does feel good.
I'll bet it really does feel SO good to be done with that big project, doesn't it?! You've really outdone yourself...they look absolutely stunning!
Blessings,
Michelle
Post a Comment