Wednesday, November 12, 2008

" I " FIXED IT MYSELF!!


MY COMPUTER THAT IS!!! I FIXED IT MYSELF!!

Oh yes, I was going to wait for hubby to get in from out of town tomorrow night to help me with my computer problem. . . but you all know me by now. . . I like to get things done, not to wait and I like to do them by myself (hey, I was raised in the 70's ya know, Helen Reddy ~ I Am Woman Hear Me Roar In Numbers too Big to Ignore ~ oh never mind ~ you're probably too young anyways :)

Well, this computer "situation" bugged me to no end. I'm not a techy person at all, but I thought, maybe I can figure this out. So, I re-started my computer. Just before the screen would go out I would get this 2 second error message. A too long to read in 2 seconds error message. So, I restarted my computer like 20 times to be able to read anything off that error message that could assist me.

BINGO!!! Technical Message. . . Cannot start Windows XP due to fatal errors which will affect hardware. . . then the words "Unmountable Boot Volume." Hmmm, sounds like something techy to me. I went to my daughter's computer, googled "Unmountable Boot Volume" and up popped a Microsoft Help screen with step by steps on fixing my problem. I had to use the Windows XP systems disc to "Recover" my system. I could do that. I had it somewhere. I found it, popped it in the CD-Rom, followed the steps exactly as my daughter's computer screen instructed for repairing a system. . . it took forever to repair. . . like over an hour I'd say. I just let it do it's thing and went onto Wednesday night service at church. Yeah, I prayed over that computer too. I came home, typed the word "exit" as instructed and entered. Boda Bing, Boda Bang ~ Sher's BACK!!

Now, don't you all go e-mailing me with your computer problems. I know nothing about them. . .really. . .truly. It was just prayer, perseverance and some more prayer. And. . . maybe because I have sooo much work to do for church. . . God answered my prayer very quickly and led me in the correct direction.

*I also have put back on my Blog the Comment Verification ~ those crazy letters that need to be typed in before a comment can be left. I'm taking all the precautions I can from now on.

Thanks for joining me on my computer repair journey. This is one trip I hope you never have to go on and that I don't have to visit again!

Blessings . . . until next time,

7 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Yikes!
Just the thought makes me cringe.

nikkicrumpet said...

WOW I'm very impressed...I wouldn't have known where to start. Although you did get some help from on high I'm sure! Glad things got all straightened out for you. I'd just cry if my computer went kaput!

Bo said...

Bravo Sher! This elevates you to genius status in my book, because I hardly know anymore about computers than On/Off... What a relief for you... ;-) Bo

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sher, glad you got it fixed! That was terrible & I would be stuck too. You were genuis to figure all that out.

I don't get all my messages by email anyway, so I still stick by the no letter thing...it just bugs me to have to do that everytime. Maybe eventually you can take it off again. I have had some strange comments posted on my blog too over the months, but I just totally delete them & have never had a problem. You can spot the spam ones instantly & they are few & far between, thank goodness.

Judi said...

Yeah Sher!!! We ARE women....hear us roar!!!!
Judi

Anonymous said...

Hi Sher
Congratulations for you...YOU are brilliant for figuring that out. I don't think I could have done that.

Doesn't that make you mad? Some people have nothing better to do than try to mess up life...whew. You are lucky you were able to do it yourself and didn't end up losing your whole computer contents. Yuck! Yes its best to be careful thats for sure.

I hope you are having a great day catching up..
Judi

Christina said...

That's great that you fixed your computer. I am now a little worried and wonder if we might want to put the verification letters back on our blog.

Thanks for your recipe. I will have to give it a try. That's funny about your 14 yo. My sister and I were just talking about eating strange things for breakfast. : )