Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Flu Shot Anyone???!!!

I feel terrible!!

Has this ever happened to any of you? I got my flu shot last Wednesday. Our oldest daughter got her flu shot just the Monday before me. We are both sick as dogs now!!! What's up? We feel like we now have a touch of the flu. We've always gotten our flu shots for at least 12 years and never had a problem or a reaction. Fever, aches, chills, headache. Not fun here. The last time I was this sick was about 19 years ago ~ so maybe I was due???

Great, I took our 14 year old into the doctor this past Monday for her flu shot too. If she gets sick ~ I'll feel terrible. My oldest and I didn't put two and two together until Monday night ~ like "Gee, Mom, maybe it's those flu shots!" Like BINGO, off went the light bulb in my brain.

Has this ever happened to any of you? Maybe we got a bad batch of the shots? Or maybe it's just a touch of something else. Anyways, I'm staying in bed today with my box of tissues, hot tea and resting, resting and resting some more. I cancelled my Physical Therapy for today as well. I NEVER do this, but I am today!


Blessings. . . until next time,

17 comments:

Gone said...

Awwwwwwww Sher...that's too bad. Just take care of yourself and your daughter(s).

My mom has had reactions on a couple of occasions to the flu shot...as did a friend of mine. That's part of the reason I don't get them!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

southerninspiration said...

I got one with no results except a VERY sore arm. I'm so sorry you're down. maybe you just need some quietness after the time you've had. I've been having some physical therapy, too. It isn't fun getting just a little bit older, is it?
Thanks for the compliments on my kitchen. I appreciate them coming from a goddess of decorating!;)....did I get a smile out of you???

Suzanne

Lisa said...

You poor thing, as if you need anything else right now. Trouble with flu shots is they don't cover every strain out there, so some end up getting sick despite the shot. Some also get a hyperactivation of the immune system which will make you a bit more suseptible to other bugs. Either way, rest, plenty of fluids and take care of yourself! Hoping you feel better real soon!

Cherdecor said...

Hey, please call your doctor to see if there have been reports of other sicknesses as a result of the shot. If no one alerts them, they will never know if it was a bad batch or not.

Please get well soon!

I am scheduled to get my yearly flu shot on Saturday.

Gentle Hugs,
Cheryl

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so sorry Sher. I've heard it's just a myth that you can get the flu from the flu shot, but who knows. We got our recently...no problems for either of us, thank goodness! Not even a sore arm.

Hope you feel better real soon.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Poor Sher! I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. You know, this has happened to me, but not in a long time. You must have really gotten a live flu bug virus in your shot!
Poor poor one. Feel better soon.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Praying you will begin to feel better tomorrow. 1 Pt.2:24
Blessings-

Bo said...

Hi Sher...this hasn't happened to me, but my DH has gotten sick before from a flu shot...He still gets them though and thankfully there's been no problems in years. Sending you a get better fast hug!
;-) Bo

Designs on 47th Street said...

Just when I finally decided to get a flu shot this year, I read your comment! This used to happen to my husband all the time. I'm so sorry.

I just found your blog by way of SouthernInspiration. LOL at your comment about the decor (or lack of something)above her cupboards!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Sher, Bless your heart! I've never taken the flu shot, but my kids do and mother. One year she was really sick after she had the flu shot, but hasn't had any trouble since. I hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon, and your other daughter remains well! Take Care! ~Rhonda :)

Cindy said...

I've heard of that happening before! I hope you feel better!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh Sher, I have never had a flu shoot...Only had the flu one time in my life! However, I have heard of that happening! Hope you get well soon!!!! Nancy

Miss Janice said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, your site is lovely...I hope you feel better real soon.
Miss Janice

Gone said...

Praying and hoping you're feeling at least a bit better today!

~Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous said...

I have not had it happen,but other have said sometimes when you get the shot you get the symptoms. Hope you feel better soon.

Judi said...

OOOH!!! We had free flu shots at work the other day....everyone got there except for me. I got busy and kept thinking that I'd get there. Well.....I didn't. Maybe it's best I didn't!!! Hopefully, my whole office won't come down with it....that would leave me as the only healthy one! Not sure what would be worse....me sick or me the only non-sick one!!
Just when you think you are doing something good and proactive....you end up having the wrong result!
You're having one heck of a time this past month! So, let's hope you got everything behind you and you'll be in tip-top shape for the holidays!!
Be well!
Judi

Katy said...

I am sorry you were sick and hope you are feeling better. I never have gotten a flu shot. I don't get it for my kids either. LOL...maybe I am weird?