* Edited to add: Thanks friends for all of your computer "get well" wishes ~ so many of you are telling me not to click on e-mail attachments. I know this. It was the e-mail that was sent indicating a new comment had been left on my blog. You know, when it says Sher's Creative Expressions left a new comment on your blog (except it's also underlined) then a message is left sort of like "Thanks for the get well wishes." This is where I clicked on the name Liz or Lisa, or whatever it was. I'm thinking I would go to the blog or profile page (you all know what I'm talking about?)
Yes, I have Norton Antivirus protection, firewalls, etc. So I'm hoping and praying that my system shut down to prevent the hard drive from frying.
Hi Friends:
I'm using our 14 year old's computer right now. . . because I am experiencing some computer problems. I wanted to let you all know about so you don't have the same problem. Yesterday, I received a blog message on my e-mail from someone named Liz or Lisa, something like that (I don't think the name even matters because they change it every time). The message was simply "You should check this out!" Like an idiot, I clicked on her name to take me to her blog to "check her out." I was directed to a web page listing different insurance companies. Never a blog page. I thought that was strange. I went along my merry way and did my daily stuff. When I went back to my computer later last night. . . my screen went blank. I shut down and restarted, but am now unable to access Windows "due to a major system error ~ " My computer states it will not allow me to re-boot due to major damage that will be done to my hard drive.
Yeah, it's one of those things. My hard drive will be erased if I access my computer. I checked my blog from my daughter's computer to remove this Liz or Lisa or whatever the heck her name is and she's not there.
Now what do I do? Anyone have any idea out there? Did this ever happen to you? I'll be using my daughter's computer every now and then to check my e-mails so if you have ideas, please, please let me know. For now, I'm not touching my computer. I will just wait for my hubby to get home and check it out, or take it in for debugging. I need my computer to do our monthly newsletter for our church, which I was just about to get working on. AAAUUUGGGGHHHH I don't like it when things don't go right.
Blessings. . . until next time,
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
WARNING ~ COMPUTER PROBLEM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope it gets taken care of quickly and inexpensively.
I never, never click on anything to go to another page...in an email. I've gotten a few things that set off the radar in my head...and I just close it and delete or SPAM it.
~Blessings,
Jan
Hi SHer,
So sorry tohear about this.
Sorry I'm no help to you!
Hope you have a great day!
Blessins',Lib
Hi Sher...thanks for the warning...
this is scary! I hope it can be quickly resolved... ;-) Bo
oh no!! Im sorry to hear that you are having computer troubles. I just went through that a few months ago and I know it can be stressful. Could it be a virus?? DO you have anti-virus software on your PC??
My husbands warns me all the time to not open email attachments and things like that. These people must be SICK in the head that would do things like that! If you do not have McAfee or Verizon or another virus protector, get it quick! If you are like me, you cannot live without the computer.
I hope that you can get it fixed before destroying your hard drive.
Blessings,
Cheryl
Oh my goodness, I feel for you. That's a hugh issue for us bloggers. I hope you can successfully retrieve your stuff...
What a pain! I just don't understand the motivation behind something like that. Hope you don't lose anything!
Manuela
Glad your back and running! proud of you to just make up your mind to do it!
Post a Comment