Remember these?
My mom had a pair exactly like these. Actually, I believe she still has them. She always liked them she said because she had a boy and a girl. They are supposedly, or so I have been told, the bust of Marie Antoinette's children. Marie Antoinette, however, was not a wildly popular French queen. Go figure.
I saw this pair at the thrift store. . . and thought. . . hmmm. . . my bedroom re-do has a touch of a French flair. These may go perfectly in there. But, I really didn't care for them in the state they were in when I found them. They were dated, yellowed and needed updating. They were 1/2 off though!! So ~ that got me thinking :) . I think I paid $6 for the pair. I sprayed them with Kilz primer (photo above is after I sprayed with primer), then painted the pair the same color as our bedroom walls and put a wash (paint and water) over them of the paint I used in our master bathroom.
Now, I like them!! I think they will work just fine in here ~ in front of the $3 French candelabra I found at a garage sale this summer.
Blessings. . . until next time,


15 comments:
They're very pretty! 6 dollars...what a deal!
Well, Sher, you did it again...
turned the ordinary into something extraordinary...they look expensive! ;-) Bo
Fabulous! You did a great job!
Very nice!
Hugs!
Kat
Those look so elegant and a perfect match for your room. I need to hire you out to MY house for help!
Very pretty with a classy look just like you!
Oh I love those!!! That's a great find! Nancy
They turned out beautifully...they create such a nice vignette! Great job!
Very cute, the change, is subtle, but I like it.
HI SHer,
I do remember those! They look sweet!
Girl, You are GOOD!
HAve a great wk.
Blessins',Lib
They are exquisite. I am also anxious to see what you do with the lovely French inspired desk.
Sweetie
What a terrific find! They go perfectly in the room after your finishing touches.
Very pretty and very french! That's a great candelabra too! I passed one up at Goodwill today and now I'm thinking I should have gotten it!
Manuela
Very cute!! What a beautiful french touch!!
hello sher,
came into your blog while browsing around ... love your taste in decorating and went through all your projects and bargain finds :) had a great time and your refurbishment efforts are fantastic :) love your master bedroom and that toile side table you re did. great job :) God bless and have a great weekend :)
"luthien"
Post a Comment