Sunday, November 9, 2008

THANKSGIVING DECOR - Part II

Thanksgiving at our House:


Here's my sofa table that I decorate for all special holidays. I just changed out a little of my Harvest decor and added Thanksgiving. You can click on the photo to enlarge if you wish. The picture on the left is of the first Thanksgiving. I picked it up at a garage sale a few years ago. It was cheap, I'm sure, or I wouldn't have purchased it. I have pumpkins placed on urns to vary the height of the display. I love urns and purchase everyone I come across while thrifting!! The little brown Thanksgiving transfer ware plate was a TJ Maxx find.



I had this fall wreath displayed with my Harvest decor. I added just three little items to update for Thanksgiving. Two are the metal pilgrims that I purchased recently while shopping with my sister-in-law on the other side of town (her side of town) and the little sign at the top of the wreath that says "Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart" ~ it's a cute little hinged ornament made to look a little bit vintage. I purchased this great little Fleur de lis table top wreath holder at the Country Living Fair in Columbus, OH that I went to in September. I like being able to display a wreath someplace else besides just the door.

The mantle I just removed some of the fall leaves, left my pumpkins (love those burgundy ones) and placed a little Hallmark Thanksgiving Screen Scene in the background. I love Thanksgiving. It's just about thankfulness, food and family. Not all the craziness of gifts.

That's about it for my Thanksgiving decorating. . . but watch out for Christmas!!!

Blessings. . . until next time,

12 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Everything looks great! Don't you just love thrifting? TJ Maxx is great as is Marshall's. I always love to go to those stores, too.

Judi said...

I just have to tell you---I bought the same wreath holder!!! OMG! We could have been buying it right next to each other!!!
Later today, I'll be changing out the decor to reflect more Thanksgiving than Halloween. Like you, it won't take much.
Your displays are lovely! You've inspired me!
One of this days...when I have more time, I definitely have to start a decorating/crafting blog. Right now, my Lapband blog will have to tide me over!
Can't wait to see your Christmas displays!
Judi

Adrienne said...

Hi Sher - Your Thanksgiving decorating looks so nice. Thanks for sharing it with us. I think I need a wreath stand - what a great idea! ~Adrienne~

Cherdecor said...

I really like your Thanksgiving decorations. I was going to copy your idea of putting a wreath on my sofa table, but my sofa table is next to the outside door. I thought perhaps it would be a precarious place to put a wreath. You know, when someone takes off their coat they may accidentally fling the wreath across the room, YIKES!

I saw wreath holders at Kohl's and pondered whether I should get one or not. I really like them but I don't have a good place to use one.

I love your wreath! It is gorgeous!

Blessings,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Looking great! Im about to take mine down and clean for Christmas.

Miss Janice said...

Love your photos today. Everything looks so warm and cozy. I like a sofa table behind the sofa, also. Have a wonderful Sunday evening...
Miss Janice

Justabeachkat said...

The sofa table is a great area to decorate for the holidays. Everything looks great.

Hugs!
Kat

Bo said...

Hi Sher...everything looks first class...and don't those glitter pumpkins look like they're glowing?! Love those.. ;-) Bo

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Sher, I love your Thanksgiving Decor! We are usally not home for Thanksgiving so I have never bought anything to decorate with. I guess that's why I just go straight into Christmas! It's been a pleasure to view everyones Thanksgiving decor this year! Yours really looks great! Nancy

Lisa said...

Lovely decor!

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Love your decs.! You are so good!
Have a great day!
Yes, We HAve so much to be Thankful for!God is Good all the time!:o)
Blessins',Lib

Liz Harrell said...

I have the hardest time decorating for Thanksgiving, but this is inspiring!