Friday, December 19, 2008

CHRISTMAS DISHES


I almost forgot to show you my CHRISTmas dishes!


A few years ago, while out doing my thing (garage/yard sales) I came across this lovely CHRISTmas set of Farberware dishes. I always thought it would be so nice to have a set of dishes for just CHRISTmas, but didn't want to spend the money. Some sets are kind of pricey for only using one month of the year.


This was a complete set of 8, including a large meat tray, serving bowl, creamer, sugar and teapot. It was only $10!! AND it was in perfect condition. Not even a chip on them.

The pattern is White Christmas, making them all the more special. I have always loved the movie and have seen the play twice ~ so I knew I had found my CHRISTmas set of dishes. The price was right, the name was right. They were PERFECT!!

Blessings. . . until next time,

8 comments:

Bo said...

Good morning Sher...I think you've got me beat on this wonderful CHRISTmas dish bargain...These are so pretty and you got all those extra pieces! Great find, ;-) Bo

Cathy said...

Sher, love the dishes and the fact that they were $10...wow!

Cathy

Adrienne said...

Good morning, Sher -
Your Christmas dishes are so sweet. What a bargain! I wouldn't be able to pass that one up if I found a deal like that. I'm constantly looking for a great bargain on Christmas dishes. I'm being real picky about what I want. I think I found them online but didn't order them this year. Maybe there will be an after Christmas clearance and I'll make my move!
~Adrienne~

Gone said...

*squeal* ooooooooooooo, so pretty!!! I am a dish-aholic. So is Tom. We have 6 sets of dishes/china...and love everyone of them.

BEAUTIFUL!!

PAT said...

I love your dishes Sher. They are not only beautiful, they have a wonderful name.

Lisa said...

These are beautiful! I have a set of boring white with silver trim I use for the holidays. My Prince will shoot me if I fill one more cupboard with "once a year" pieces but maybe someday...

Miss Janice said...

I hope you have a wonderful "snowed in Christmas" with a tasty meal served on your "CHRISTmas dinnerware." It all sounds so cozy...

Vintagesquirrel said...

I, too, have always loved the idea of Christmas dishes, but CANNOT conceive of spending money on tableware that will get used only at Christmastime. But, hey, if I came across this peachy find, all for just $10! Oh, I would have been jumping for joy. Don't you just LOVE yard sales/thrift stores? Enjoy your CHRISTmas break!