
Yes, I live in Michigan. The Lord "blessed" us again with a fresh, pure, blanket of the the white stuff. We had a huge dumping of snow on Friday morning (like 12" of the fluffy white stuff). EVERYTHING was shut down and cancelled. School, colleges, businesses, entertainment events. . . the ROADS!!
It's funny, after spending time in San Antonio (during the end of May) where it was hot and humid and hot and humid and over 100 degrees. . . I don't complain anymore. Personally, I'd rather have the snow and cold! Yes, seriously. Even our 14 1/2 year old is not complaining anymore about the snow and cold. She was actually wishing for snow when we were dying from the heat exhaustion while visiting San Antonio. Yes, Texas is a beautiful state. I actually "lived" in the Dallas/Fort Worth area one summer. It was hot, but dry. Big, big difference to us northerners anyways. That humidity can kick your fanny and leave you exhausted. I think it's just whatever we are accustomed to ~ whatever you've been raised in becomes your "norm."
I'm prepared. We have bread, milk and all the food we need. My Christmas presents are purchased and wrapped and are under the tree. Everything has been purchased for Christmas dinner and I'm just enjoying the "homeboundness" ~ is that even a word? Well, it is now!
I'm sure those in the southern states prepare for ungodly hot weather as we here in the north prepare for our snow. Get all your "stuff" done and out of the way. . . and just stay in the house.
Yeah, we'll be in here for a while. We are expecting another dumping of snow tomorrow night, Sunday. Of course, our 14 1/2 year old is hoping for another snow day. They are scheduled to attend classes through Tuesday, then off. We'll see.
Blessings. . . until next time,


14 comments:
My kids last day was supposed to be Friday, they go back on the 5th.
I tagged you on my blog:)
Your snow looks beautiful! Do you ever lose electricity and if so, do you have a heat source for back up. We hardly ever lose electricity because the lines are underground, but we have lost it before.
We have a winter storm advisory for tonight. We are to get 3 or 4 inches. What doesn't sound so bad compared to what you have, but I think we are to get ice too.
Living in your part of the country one would have to plan ahead. Have a wonderful time while you are snowed in!
Blessings,
Cheryl
I can identify with your words. I prefer snow to hot and humid any day. We are pretty much snowbound for a day or two. Preparations were made and we are doing fine. It's gorgeous outside tonight. No one is venturing out and about. It's truly a 'silent' night. ~Adrienne~
Good morning Sher...That snow sounds wonderful to me...I do hope Santa can make it to your house though... LOL :-) Bo
Oh Sher I would give most anything to be closed in with you. This Southern friends heart pines for the north. My prayers that one day God will allow my dream to come true before I get to old.
Love you and Merry Christmas.
We had about a foot of snow too! It's rare for us, and totally enjoyable. I was snowed in for two days because my driveway was blocked, but that was fine because I didn't want to go out driving - Californians don't really know how to drive in the snow! :Jill
Me too...I'd rather have the cold and snuggle up to a warm fire in the fireplace than hide out in the air conditioning. That said, I won't turn down a little trip to a warm state in the middle of the winter either!
Hi Sher,
Boy have I been out of the loop lately. Lots going on at my house. But I sure enjoyed catching up on your Site. First of all, I'm so impressed about your preparations in case of bad weather. What peace and comfort that must bring your family!!!
I LOVED your gorgeous Home Tour. WOW!!! Your tree...your amazing mantel...the swagged garland on the stair banasters. It's all so beautiful. I LOVE the amazing green on your dining room walls. So classy! And then that photo of the outside of your home...gorgeous!!! And, last but not least, that photo of you in your Pizzelles post is adorable! : )
Merry Christmas.
Sounds perferct. Stay warm and Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Cathy
Hi Sher
Oh what a beautiful picture!! Beautiful. Well as long as you are prepared its kind of fun being snowed in...and not have to go out anywhere. Keep warm and snuggly...do some more baking...enjoy your time.
Enjoy this holiday season and have a lovely day
Judi
That's a beautiful picture! You are so lucky to get that much snow. I live in Dallas, Tx and I just don't like the weather here especially in summers. I love snow!! and really miss it.
Have fun!
Sonya
I am not loving the white stuff! It is way too cold, but a good day to bake cookies. ♥, Susan
We are actually hoping for some snow. The past few days our temps have been in single digits. The sun is shining. They are calling for more freezing rain until tomorrow afternoon when it's supposed to warm up. Now we're wondering if we will have some snow Christmas, which has been predicted for several days but no show. We don't complain about the snow. We don't have to drive in it these days, unless there is an emergency, which helps us like the snow even more. We always say, you can always out on another layer of clothes when it's cold, but when it's hot...then what are you to do!
My friend Aunt Pittypat, up in WI has had tons 'o snow too!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sher!
OH Deary, we are polar opposites, at least on the snow/cold theory. I grew up in Iowa and frankly don't care if I EVER even visit a humid place as long as I live! After that I lived in Wyoming, and seriously, I am not a snow shovel kind of gal anymore. While we get snow here (currently about 8 inches with 2 storms and more coming) it normally doesn't amount to mountains that stay until July. I will take my high desert life and suffer thru the 100 plus summers, as we like to say "its a dry heat". HA!
Anyway, stay safe, warm, and homebound and enjoy the holidays with your family. Watch your back with the winter madness too, gotta take care of yourself!
Post a Comment