Yup, those people must have marbles for brains!!
Remember a few weeks ago when someone from India tried to crash my computer and I shared it with you all? Well, they are out again. I detailed the episode this time because I want you all to be aware of what their little game is so it does not happen to you too!! This is the message I received:
Susan <http://www.blogger.com/profile/09986100770407045723> has left a new comment on your post "2008 Holiday Tour <http://sherscreativeexpressions.blogspot.com/2008/12/2008-holiday-tour.html> ":
I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Susan
http://www.car-insurance-xxx.com
Madras, Tamil Nadu arrived from blogsearch.google.co.in on "Sher's Creative Expressions: 2008 Holiday Tour"
I disabled the direct link so no one would read my blog and accidentally click on this stupid car.insurance sight. I also changed some of the words in this link. . . just to be doubly safe.
I included exactly where this crap came from. Madras, Tamil Nadu, which is in India.
I mean, don't these people have anything else to do? My husband works for a large, very large, computer company and said they may be receiving money for direct hits to this sight, just trying to spam us, or as they did to me crash my computer with their virus. Remember, I had to Rescue and Recover my computer. You can read all about it here if you don't know what I'm referring to. And my link is SAFE, just so ya know!!!
Because of this, I have had to enable my Comments Moderator feature. *I also disabled the option to allow search engines to access my blog. Thank you Karen from The Bunnies Bugalow for suggesting this to me. I wouldn't want this jerk to leave a comment, me not know it yet, and one of you click on her comment to find out where her blog is and maybe want to read her profile. Yeah, that's how it all started for me a few weeks ago. . . I wanted to see my new friend's profile/blog. Yeah, right.
BLOGGER BEWARE!!!!!!!
Blessings. . . until next time,



11 comments:
What is up with these people? The spam thing I understand, but not the virus thing!
Manuela
Thanks for the headsup, Sher!
I hopped on over from JustABeachKat. I know what you mean. Both my ATM w/pin # and credit card # were stolen two weeks ago and one person tried to get $400 from Walmart...bank caught them and as then tried to get several $100 extractions in Europe. Nice!! People like that make me soooo mad. I was without $$ for a week waiting for those new cards to come. I quit clicking on things I'm not familiar with.
Use those traffic feeds to see who logs on. One day I saw all these people from India and Germany...hmmmm.
I love your bread slicer. Didn't know that existed.
That had happened to me too. I took myself off Google search somehow on blogger. Now no one can find me on a search. That helped. I hope for you too!
Hi SHer,
So sorry to hear this.Thanks for the info.
Have a great week.
Blessins',Lib
That is crazy.... I don't understand why people are out to be so mean.
I bet I would have liked your grandad. I love that saying I will have to remember that.
Sher-sorry that happen. What shall we do about it- Prayer will stop it! Let's plead the blood of Jesus over our computers and blogs. Many fine folks use their blogs to glorify Him and encourage other. No evil, misfortune or calamity shall come near us in the name of Jesus. Psalm 37:40
Blessings-
Thanks for passing along this info. Wow!
Christmas hugs for you!
Kat
OH, Sher, I'm so sorry. I guess I don't know much about how to keep safe in blogland. Maybe you could make a post about all things we ignorant ones should do. I know I would appreciate it.
No, I hadn't heard that about Dillards. I love that store.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia;)
Sorry to hear about this disappointing side of blogging. It should never have happened to YOU!!! You're such a sweetie!
Oh my goodness I just found you through Christi of Charm and Grace now Cottage Charm... and now I know what happened to my computer... I did the same thing... and my hard drive crashed... bought a new computer and not realizing it did the same thing and now have problems every once in a while... but I lost the first ocmputer completely... thank you for telling me about this... I will definitely be more careful from here on out...
JO
Post a Comment