Friday, December 26, 2008

IS IT REALLY OVER ALREADY!!!!?????!!!!

Happens every year. . .all the wrapping, shopping, baking, cleaning, cooking, entertaining, decorating then * poof * and it's all over!!


Well, did you all have a wonderful CHRISTmas celelebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus?? I hope you and your family had a great CHRISTmas with lots of memories and plenty of pictures. We had a wonderful CHRISTmas, but we forgot to take pictures on CHRISTmas Day, can you believe that? We got too busy opening presents, cleaning up the wrappings, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, etc., etc.


We were supposed to head up to our cottage early Friday morning, but the weather did not cooperate with us. We had a lot of freezing rain/ice ~ so we decided to stay home an extra day or so until it the roads are safe. What's an extra day to wait for safety? It was a wonderful day too. We. . . did. . . NOTHING. Just rested. Boy, did I need that!
We'll head up in the morning when the temperatures have risen a bit. Then, while at the cottage, I'll make our family's favorite Bean Soup with our leftover ham bone. That, with a fire, with our family, at the cottage *sigh* doesn't get any better than that :)
Enjoy your family time!!
Blessings until next time,

6 comments:

Judi said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you Sher!
Yep...it's alot of work and it's over in a flash. Right now, all the remnants of a bountiful and blessed Christmas are what remain of our day. I really need to get back to work to get this place back to normal. But...first, it's time to catch up on blogs...
We had the same kind of day yesterday.....we rested. We took a little time to go to our favorite restaurant for a peaceful just-us-four family dinner. Other than that--I didn't peel myself off the couch!
Have a wonderful trip...enjoy your family and your soup!
Judi

Bo said...

Hi Sher..."poof" is right...it seems like I just dragged all the Christmas decor out & now it's time to pack it away...I wish you a happy, peaceful time of rest at your cottage....sounds wonderful!
Happy New Year, ;-) Bo

Gone said...

Cottage Time sounds lovely, Sher!

We got alot of freezing rain down here on Friday...but by the time it started, Tom and I were already out in it. We left home at 5:15am to shop the sales...the freezing stuff started about 8:15am. So...we just shopped for a while longer and gingerly made our trip to other places.

TODAY, we had temps in the high 60's ~ actually 68 degrees!! Go figure!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Sher, :)

Thanks for the kind visit.
I do appreciate when you come by. You're always welcome!

You will love the initial coffee and tea mugs. They are fun and elegant.
LOVE your Christmas people plates. ~PRECIOUS!
What a great find at a yard sale. Love it when we find something that great.

~Warmly, Melissa :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sher! Hope you got out from all the ice and snow. sounds like a great Christmas for your family. I'm always kinda glad when it's all over & it's time to get Christmas put away for another year. I'm in the midst of that right now.

Got that leopard tissue paper at Hobby Lobby so look there! Have a Happy New Year, friend!

Cathy said...

Your time at the cottage sounds perfect. I have a ham bone waiting for a pot of beans. Yummy!

Cathy