Tuesday, December 30, 2008

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME. . . THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!

Ya-Hoo we're heading home today!!

I really didn't want to come up to the cottage this year after CHRISTmas. I just didn't feel up to it. I have so many things I wanted to finish at home and I'm. . . just. . .plain tired out after CHRISTmas. But hubs loves his cottage and wants to spend every second here he can. He has a highly stressful job, so if this little place is a piece of heaven for him, I'm right here with him.

But. . . he decided we should go home (Yeah!!) due to the storm a brewing later today. Yes, more snow!! We left for the cottage on Saturday afternoon. Yeah, it was fun at home Saturday morning trying to pack to leave too. Our power went out just as I was getting ready for the day. I packed, put on my make-up by candlelight, and my hair, oh, let's not even go there. Just think, no blow dryer, no curling irons, aauugghh!!

It was so foggy the last half of the drive to our cottage that I was scared to death!! I honestly think we could only see about 2 feet in front of our car at times. That is too dangerous for my liking. I was praying the entire time. We arrived at the cottage to find the guy we hire to plow our driveway DIDN'T - this time!! We called and got his voice mail and he came out the next morning with his snow truck/plow. Too late, we still had to truck in ALL our stuff from the street upon arrival because there was 3' of snow in our driveway. No way was our car going to plow through that stuff. The snowplow guy put us on the wrong list. The "plow when I get a call list" and not the "plow when we get 3" of snow list!" Hopefully, he made the correction!!! He did apologize, so that was nice.

It's very windy and cold right now so the kids don't want to go outside sledding, or skating ~ the usual things they do up here. So we went to see Marley and Me yesterday. Great movie, the ending stinks. That's all I'm going to say. It's a movie that you are laughing at until the last 10 minutes, then you're crying.

So, I'm off to pack up the cottage now and head home. Home. . . it's where I want to be.

Blessings. . . until next time,

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Sher, safe travels home. I plan on seeing Marley and Me. Sounds like I should bring along some tissues.

Cathy

Gone said...

Have a safe trip home! We're praying for traveling mercies and safety!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Lisa said...

Have safe travels dear! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Have a wonderful New Year and best wishes to you and yours for 2009! Stay warm and safe!

Bo said...

Hopefully by the time you read this, you are tucked inside of your gorgeous home with all the power restored...Looking forward to more blogging fun with you in 2009...Happy New Year! ;-) Bo

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
Happy New Year!
Blessins',Lib

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh Sher I know what you mean about just wanting to be HOME SWEET HOME!
We were downstate for Christmas and had to drive our daughter to Metro on friday morning![She and her botfriend flew out to washington to visit his parents}
The roads were all icey and I-94 was shut down in many spots because of all the ice and accidents!
I was a nervous wreck!
Then saturday night we went to dinner at our friends home and the fog was so heavy we could not see past the front of the truck!
I prayed and prayed all the way there and back. I told hubby thats it..... I am not going anywhere for a few days...I just wanna stay home where its nice and cozy and safe!

Happy New Year sweet friend!
Hugz, Dolly

kari and kijsa said...

A great year and blessings for a great new one as well!
Happy New Year,
kari & kijsa