Gee, I haven't blogged much lately, have I?
What have I been doing???? Cleaning, sorting, purging, rearranging, and DEFROSTING (among other things. . . will share more in the next few posts)!!
Oh yes, that dreaded job of defrosting the freezer in the garage. I remember when I purchased this freezer, they also had freezers that defrosted themselves, but NO. . . we didn't go that way. We read, and were told, that the auto defrost freezers are not the best to own because in order to defrost, the freezer must heat up to melt the ice; therefore, bringing the food out of the deep, deep freeze. Yeah, well, I still feel we made the best choice for us. I mean living here in Michigan, it gets plenty cold enough. But each year when I take on this huge task, I can't help but think . . . they do sell frost free freezers!
I just unload the freezer contents into laundry baskets (it's cold enough that everything stays deeply frozen in the gargage - I wait until it's like 12 degrees outside and then defrost that baby). I unplug the freezer, place my freezer thaw helper (found at a garage sale years ago for $1) into the freezer, leave the door open, remove the drain plug and away we go. I am in and out of the garage most of the day putting on my hat, coat, scarf, gloves and boots and then back off and so on and so on.
It takes the entire day, but oh it is so worth it when I open up that freezer now.
On a different topic, my sympathies go out to the Travolta family at the loss of their son, Jett. But I have a question? The Travolta's are Scientologist and so is Prescilla Presley, among many other Hollywood elite. So Prescilla Presley was being interviewed on Entertainment Tonight expressing her sympathy, saying how tragic Jett's death was, etc., etc., Scientologist believe that as soon as you die you enter into another body and are reborn or reincarinated into another human being. I'm just confused as to why Prescilla was wearing a cross around her neck. Is this just a piece of jewelry to these Hollywood Scientologist? If they believe they are reincarnated into another human being and not joined with our Father in heaven, made possible by his son, Jesus Christ dying on the Cross for our sins why do they wear a cross? Just a piece of jewelry to them I guess. Such a shame.
Blessings. . . until next time,


8 comments:
Defrosting the freezer looks like a big job! I would like to have a freezer one of these days. I think. :)
It is odd to me as well that a Scientologist would wear a cross. I didn't know that Scientologist believed in re-incarnation. So basically you never die you just keep coming back? Hmmmmmm.
wow that is a good question. I find that a shame as well.
Sher....
OOOH, sounds like you are busy....and cold!!!
Yes, Jett Travolta's death is a sad, sad tragedy. Losing a child is just something I cannot even begin to fathom. The pain seems horrific....almost too difficult to survive. I'm not that worldly when it comes to different religions and I really cannot comprehend (no matter how hard I try!) what Scientology is all about. Is Scientology a religion per se or is it just a belief system? (no one has to asnwer that....I'm just wondering). What I do know is that my faith is what sustains me. So, it is my true hope that theirs will do the same for them. Regardless of what they believe....I know that my God will bless them.
Judi
Defrosting a freezer is a chore. I don't know a thing about scientology.
Cathy
Hi Sher,
I remember defrosting, for me I am happy its a thing of the past!
Are you still enjoying the corn?;o)
I didn't know Scientologist believed that way! I don't really know anything about them.
HAve a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib
It really doesn't matter what they believe in, because the word of God is not with them. We need to be concern of our own salvation. John3 verse 3:5 Jesus answered, verily , verily I say unto thee, Except of a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
And this is how its done-Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Sher, I remember my Mom defrosting the fridge! Thank the Lord, that is one thing we don't have to do any more! Yes, It is a shame about Prescilla wearing a cross...and how that she could turn to Scientology is beyond me...it just goes to show what Hollywood can do to people. Blessings, Nancy
Hi Sher...I wouldn't want that freezer defrosting job for anything! Good point about Priscilla Presley....hmmm??? I am so sorry for the Travoltas as well, because I know how it feels to lose a child.
Congrats on your award, ;-) Bo
Post a Comment