Sunday, February 8, 2009

NEEDING SOME FLORIDA SUNSHINE!!


I need the sunshine of Florida NOW!!


Do any of you remember that TV commercial from years ago. . . a little boy sitting at the kitchen table, snow visible out the window and telling his parents. . . "I need it bad!!" Remember? The commercial was for Florida. I think the kid must have been in Michigan! It's been a long. . .cold. . . and snowy winter here.


Well, I'm flying out on Saturday, the 14th, Valentine's Day, for Florida with our youngest daughter!! We're off to visit my parents for an entire week. Up here in the north some school districts have what we call "winter break." I think it's so we can visit someplace warm. I heard Florida had a cold streak last week, but my mom called me this morning (anxious for our visit) and to tell me it's warming up!


My hubby and I are planning on celebrating Valentine's Day on Friday the 13th (did you know that this Friday is Friday the 13th for those of you who worry about such stuff LOL). His gift to me is Florida!! Yeah!! He'll be working while I'm in Florida and our oldest is in college so it's just our youngest this trip with me.


We'll have some nice mother, daughter, granddaughter bonding time. And THAW!!!


Blessings. . . until next time,

16 comments:

Bo said...

Hi Sher...wow, that's a wonderful Valentine's gift...have a GREAT time! and you know, I've always had lucky things happen to me on Friday the 13th...I will buy a lottery ticket for sure...LOL
;-) Bo

Anonymous said...

Hi Sher! Oh, have a wonderful trip! It sounds like you will. Thank you for your visit and Chloe Dawn thanks you too! I've been scrolling down through your blog to see what I've missed. You've been busy. Your newly remodled bathroom is beautiful and i love your window topper!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Judi said...

Hi Sher
That'll be so nice for you to make a Valentine's trip to Florida! Thats a nice gift. Marc just came back from a work week there and he said it was cool...but it IS going to get warmer this week. You aren't too far from me and I know I would love to leave the snow behind too..though we seem to be having a thaw this weekend.
Love the cardinals they are so pretty.

It is nice to get things done in the winter months. I'm not a winter sports person either.
I like to read and do more crafts..just snuggle and stay cozy as I await spring.

Have a lovely day
Judi

Cherdecor said...

That's wonderful, Sher! I wish I could go with you.

The blogger Musicaljean is going to Florida next week also. I wonder if you are both going to the same city.
She is going to a city on the west coast of Florida.

Have a great time.
Blessings,
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself and the warm temps.
Happy Valentine,

Debra from Bungalow said...

Have a wonderful trip and a loving Valentine's day. I hope it's nice and warm down there in sunny Florida.

Take care and take lots of pix, DebraK

Unknown said...

Sher,

Have a great trip. You deserve it and I will admit, that I am a little jealous. .... Pack me in your suitcase. Okay, this ends the begging portion of my comment.

Cynthia

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a great V-day gift from your hubby. I know you'll enjoy it. Be sure to take lots of pix...for us. : )
I love the heart ornaments you added to your display...so cute!
And you did a great job with the monogram plate and GORGEOUS art project for your master bedroom.
Have a great week.

Karen said...

Oh have a good time! We are going no place warm, my kids are off that Friday and Mon/Tues. Enjoy!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I would thing the weather would be just perfect this time of year in Florida. Not too humid yet. Have a great time!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sher! You cracked me up with your comment!! Change! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Gone said...

Have a GREAT, WARM time!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Home Tour today...I love the Historic West End homes.

Thanks for stopping by.

;-) Jan

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Have a wonderful time and remember to wear your hat and stay out of the sun!!!
♥, Susan

Judi said...

Sunshine! Oh, that sounds so lovely....! Have a beautiful time with your parents and your daughter. Put on those sunglasses, those spiffy new threads and take on Florida! girl!
Have a great V-day celebration and be sure to let yourself be treated like the dear you are!
Judi

Cathy said...

Sher, sounds like a perfect get away. Have fun!

Cathy

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Whoo~Hoo!
Everyone needs a little piece of sunshine.