Monday, April 27, 2009

TEXAS HERE SHE COMES!!!


Thank you so much to those of you who left comments and e-mailed me regarding our daughter finishing her education in Austin, TX. All is pointing in that direction for our daughter. She's flying to Austin on Thursday to take care of of a few details and will return on Sunday. As of this date. . . the plans are to drive her car from Michigan to Texas with my husband/dad. . . on the 24th of May!!!


WOW!! It's an incredibly great opportunity for her. She'll be able to spend time with hubby/dad while he's installing a new system in Austin and finish her education. I will miss her terribly. So will our youngest daughter. I think I'll have to fly down every 4 - 6 weeks. . . just to check in on her and get my hugs.

We (daughter and I), are entering a new season of our lives; one chapter closes, another one opens with new and exciting opportunities for each.

. . .but why, may I ask. . . "does my heart hurt so???"

Blessings. . .until next time,

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Dear Sher -
I'm praying for you as you face the changes ahead for you and your daughter. I've been there and I understand how a mom's heart can be proud and hurt at the same time. It's the end of an era - but it's the beginning of a new one and it will be wonderful and amazing to see how God works out the details. You've done a good job with your daughter and now she's ready to spread her wings and fly. So glad things are working out for her schooling.
~Adrienne~

Nancy Rosalina said...

That is a wonderful oppertunity for her! I do understand about the heart hurting...over our children...they grow up so fast and when they are ready to spread their wings and fly...sometimes we are not ready for them.

Lib said...

Hi Sher,
I wish ya'll only the Best!
Have a great day!
Blessins;,Lib

Cherdecor said...

These are exciting days for your daughter. I wish her the best in her studies. It looks like everything is working out for her.
Blessings,
Cheryl

Judi said...

Here's a little slice of mom humor my friend shared with me recently when I was saying something similar to you now that I am facing "empty nest" in the next few months...she said
"it hurts to push them out but just think of the joy afterwards"
I had to think about it (considering that I had 2 C-sections!). But, it's true1
This is what motherhood is all about...giving them wings to fly!
Yeah, tell that to me this summer...
All the best to your beautiful daughter!
We're all in this together Sher!
Judi

P.S. I also made the chicken tortilla soup tonight. My sweet daugther said I got a little heavy handed with the chili powder. But, it was yummy.....
Hope yours was the same!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I am praying for you. Children should never be allowed to grow up!!! I know that she will do great because she has a great mother.

Cynthia

Screaming Meme said...

My goodness...It is such a hard time...:) Austin is a good place...I used to live there...:)My son has a lot of friends who went to school out there...:) Come over and see the slip cover I made...:) Meme